Application Development Team Lead
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're continuing to invest in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled global team that inspires future scale through strategic solutions, innovation, mentoring, and tight knit teamwork. We help support our firm's diverse businesses, and we are excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more accomplished technologists to our team.
You will report to the Applications Development VP for Portfolio Management Technology and lead in designing, developing and implementing an application and business architecture blueprint; and provide guidance with aligning business processes, information management, applications and technical architectures to support our strategy. You will be in charge of hiring, firing and completion of performance reviews of personnel.
- Manage the application development team to ensure quality on time deliverables
- Support implementation of talent management processes for the application development team
- Develop a team structure that aligns skills sets of the development team with business deliverables
- Engage with business stakeholders and other IT leaders to plan and deliver solutions that meet business needs and support enterprise architecture principles
- Lead business process, architecture and solution design activities
- Propose informed ideas on technology strategy and direction
- Contribute to and help coordinate efforts with the wider Fisher technology organization
- Define and coordinate the activities of various architecture working groups
- Work with technology leaders to decide technology direction, set goals consistent with our strategy, and communicate progress
- Develop and deliver communications on applications and initiatives being worked on by your team or the wider enterprise to business sponsors, solution developers, and infrastructure engineers
- Coordinate specific line of business architecture efforts with those of the overall firm
- Work with your colleagues and manager to establish and adhere to sound development practices in all phases of the solution development lifecycle
- Develop and proactively manage a portfolio of application and technology initiatives
- 7+ years industry experience with focus on developing, deploying and supporting technology business solutions
- Experience managing development teams of 7+ members to deliver application solutions on predictable timelines and in alignment with business expectations
- Broad technology experience throughout systems development lifecycle, and various areas of technology architecture (infrastructure, application architecture, data architecture, integrations)
- Experience with cloud-based software application architectures and infrastructure technologies
- Must have strong customer relationship management skills
- Experience with the investment management, the broader wealth management industry, and the processes and constraints inherent in a regulated industry
- Be a coach, building design and development skills in your team members
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.