Application Software Development Lead
Fisher Investments is looking for motivated technologists to support our growing business. If you are looking for the opportunity to make a difference as we develop scalable and strategic solutions to support our global growth, we want to hear from you!
As the Application Development Technical Lead for our Shared Business Services team, you will plan the technical development from concept creation through user acceptance testing for essential applications in a large technology ecosystem. Once the solution is defined, you will both directly implement and guide development teams on how to design, test, and deploy both custom and off-the-shelf software. As a technical expert for our ecosystem you will support a variety of projects, including custodian integrations, document management, automation, and omnichannel teams. You will also partner with multiple teams across technology – including enterprise architecture, infrastructure and operations, vendors, and consultants – to implement the roadmap.
You will help align department-wide solutions to Fisher's enterprise priorities. You will survey the technology landscape and guide the evolution of the current environment to support future capabilities and requirements, and be a part of the team that plans the technology to ensure capacity and scalability as demand and usage evolves. You will report to the Vice President - Technology Business Services.
- Manage technical development of software from initial design through user acceptance testing for medium-to large-scale projects, typically involving multiple departments and high risk situations
- Design steps and modules, defines timelines, and resolves issues
- Assign work and provide oversight to others including contractors and developers assigned to project
- Provide technical leadership and guide technical direction and participate in architectural decisions
- Present options and works with Project Management to set client expectations, including senior management
- Work with multiple groups: QA, Infrastructure, PMO, Release Management, Information Security and the Service Desk
- Use advanced design skills in defining Technical Design Specifications
- Research external software solutions and contribute to final selection of vendors while driving pre-sales cycle with vendors
- Create logic flow charts and process diagrams
- Create code to meet specifications and test and debug work
- Mentor junior developers and may participate in selection process
- Propose modifications to software development standards and methodology; ensure standards and methodology are accomplished
- 10+ years of experience developing software for enterprise environments
- 10+ years of experience working with distributed systems and microservices, API platforms and development, object-oriented programming languages (OOP), relational databases, and related architecture patterns
- Bachelor's degree in technology major or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience serving as a team or technical lead in mid/large-scale software applications development projects
- Solid Software architectural experience translating requirements into technical design and solutions
- Experience providing and maintaining technical roadmap for platform or domain
- Working knowledge of implementing scalable and resilient enterprise applications with high availability, disaster recovery and security model
- Outstanding ability to communicate architectural options and tradeoffs to all partners
- Experience with Azure and MuleSoft
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.