Benefits and Leave Specialist
From our great benefits packages, to our multitude of perks, services and so much more, Fisher Investments is a great place to invest in a lifelong career, and we're looking for someone to make a difference in the lives of our employees at some of their most memorable or important moments along the way.
You will oversee and administer leave requests and accommodations, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), state and local leave laws and short-term or long-term disability plans. You will also have a direct hand to help shape the future of absence management at Fisher Investments, including developing procedures, helping make program enhancements, and scaling the program to accommodate growth.
The Benefits team is focused on different responsibilities related to the physical, financial and emotional wellbeing of our employees, including benefit plan administration, managing our wellness strategy, absence management and so much more. Our mission is to support employees throughout their lifelong careers with the benefits, rewards and personalized care they need.
The Benefits and Leave Specialist reports to the Benefits Manager, but works closely with the entire Benefits team and employees and managers across the firm to administer our leave of absence/absence management program.
- Communicate with and educate employees on their request for a leave of absence or workplace accommodation
- Handle the leave administration process from beginning to end, including employee and management communication, and the facilitation of required documentation
- Advise managers and employees on multiple leave laws, company policies, workers' compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Help draft and/or recommend revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Help to develop educational leave content for employees and managers
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests observing specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices
- Preserve confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws
- Maintain general knowledge of all benefit plans to advise employees
- Perform other related benefits tasks as assigned
- 2+ years related experience in a professional organization; Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; emphasis in HR or related field
- Handle confidential material and information
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent organizational and documentation management skills
- Have a passion for developing relationships and helping people with the simplest to most challenging issues
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.