Business Intelligence Team Lead
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We are important to supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our Technology team.
The IT Data Delivery Team is looking for a Business Intelligence Team Leader. You will report to the Vice President - Technology Business Services.
As our next Business Intelligence Team Leader you will:
- Manage a team that designs data warehouse, data marts, and reporting and analytics solutions for the Portfolio Management Group
- Align team actions with group and customer goals to provide meaningful results
- Develop employee career growth through coaching and stretch assignments
- Enforce data management and security procedures
- Monitor team workflow and facilitate prioritization, communication, and problem solving
The IT Data Delivery Team creates data solutions that allow many business groups to perform their jobs, gain insight into their own processes, and solve the problems they encounter while achieving their goals. Balancing the short-term needs of business groups with the long-term needs is essential to being a successful Business Intelligence Team Leader. You will inspire an experienced team to make our customers happy, by inspiring excellent service. We are building reliable, scalable systems to securely bring meaningful data, while following guidelines that comply with company and regulatory data handling practices.
As we continue to grow and evolve over the next few years, the team needs leaders who can manage workload and resources. You'll be involved in not just providing great service to the Portfolio Management Group, but also building the infrastructure we need to solve our future challenges.
We have a great team and we need a great manager to guide us forward.
- Set and implement a strategy for data warehouse and data marts, business intelligence and analytics with a focus on enhancing end-user experience through self-service solutions, speed of delivery, and high-quality results
- Prioritize work requests to meet business desires and needs by assigning staff and overseeing delivery
- Lead the implementation of technical solutions focused on providing information, metrics and KPIs
- Drive process around business intelligence development
- Establish essential KPIs demonstrating efficient use of business intelligence tools and services
- Partner with application, infrastructure, and information security teams to fulfill business intelligence and analytics needs of the assigned business group
- Reduce risk to our organization by implementing governance and security controls in partnership with the Information Security and Enterprise Risk teams
- Manage the team, including hiring and development, reviews, and terminations of a team of up to 10 employees
- 10+ years of experience with data warehouses, data marts, dashboards/reports, business intelligence, analytics, and related technologies.
- Experience driving technology improvement, developing and executing technology roadmaps, and delivering measurable improvements
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, from strategy to development, deployment, and support
- Experience with business intelligence platforms, such as Tableau, Power BI, or equivalent
- Experience designing in major database platforms, such as Microsoft Azure Synapse and Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server/SSAS, Oracle, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with data warehouse modeling techniques, such as Kimball method, Data Vault, or Corporate Information Factory approach
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.