Entry Level Trading and Security Operations Associate
Securities Operations (Sec Ops) oversees all securities-related data and corporate actions for the firm. This includes setting up securities in our internal systems, ensuring accurate pricing, monitoring proxy voting, and overseeing corporate actions (e.g. mergers, acquisitions, stock splits). We are solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the security-level information and events throughout the firm.
Sec Ops Associates educate the firm by explaining complex topics around all security-level information. New members of our team receive training covering various tasks, with a focus on Access and Excel. You will learn to use Bloomberg and other security data resources, and participate in the technology modernization efforts across the Portfolio Management Group (PMG). You will report directly to your manager who will aid in your career development.
- Coordinate with custodians and our data sources to ensure the accurate posting of corporate actions, dividends, and other security specific events to the portfolio accounting system
- Research, manage and track activity to limit trade liability
- Validate security specific attributes in Fisher's internal security reference tool
- Update prices and foreign exchange rates in the portfolio accounting system and ensure correct valuation of securities.
- Work with Research and Institutional Shareholders Services to manage the proxy voting process
- Advanced tasks may include process analysis and design which will teach you technical troubleshooting skills (VBA and SQL), process mapping (Visio), and process documentation (Confluence)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Enjoy operational work
- Interested in learning about domestic and international markets and how our securities operate in exchanges across the world
- Are comfortable functioning autonomously and oversee process improvement projects
- Excel at both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Commitment to maintain quality of work while sticking to a timeline
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.