F5 Network Engineer
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're continuing to invest in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled global team that inspires future scale through strategic solutions, innovation, mentoring, and tight knit teamwork. We help support our firm's diverse businesses, and we are excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more accomplished technologists to our team.
As the Senior Network Operations Engineer, with an emphasis on F5 technologies, you will be the network expert and managing the network delivery to completion and ensure hand-off to necessary support teams. You will help support the ongoing growth in our F5 environment using Big-IQ as the managing mechanism. This will encompass our LTM/GTM, and VPN head ends.
You will also help design aspects of large-scale projects and help engineer, test, document, and deploy network infrastructure solutions and manage technical aspects of assigned projects, including planning and resolving issues. The Senior Engineer works independently to provide technical solutions to solve complex challenges for both IT-facing and business-facing customers. You will also ensure the successful implementation of technology projects by working with Solutions Architecture, Engineering, information security, and other departments. You will report to the Network Engineering Team Leader.
- Manage application access and performance applying F5 APMs, BIG-IQ, LTMs and GTMs
- Create secure remote access solutions for multiple use cases
- Deploy and manage load-balancing solutions for internal and third-party application access
- Maintain F5 OS HW/SW uptime and security policies
- Partner with Engineering to help implement proposed solutions for networking
- Provide and help maintain documentation given to operations team to populate within confluence site
- Manage the Infrastructure environment with service oriented approach and efficient delivery to meet the customer needs, requirements and their service expectations
- Work with engineering to gauge the effectiveness of existing infrastructure systems; develop strategies for improving or further using these systems
- Manage the efficient daily operations and maintenance of the IT services with best practices, automation and orchestration capabilities and ensure effectiveness of the service
- Take end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve network issues, anticipate and avoid problems and in taking actions and optimizations
- Identify the areas for improvements and lead the effort in standardizing processes, streamlining and making processes simple
- Provide technical escalation point for production support during normal business and off-hours
- 4+ years of experience with F5 technologies (LTM, GTM, and APM)
- 4+ years of experience with network solutions (switching, routing, load balancing and firewalls)
- 4+ years of scripting experience (BASH, TCL/Tk, iRules, REST, JSON, or Ansible)
- 2+ years of cloud experience (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Experience with multiple network management and monitoring solutions (I.E. Solarwinds, Big-IQ)
- Knowledgeable with Cisco SD-WAN technologies (I.E.- Viptela and Meraki)
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.