Investment Counselor for New Client Conversion
Are you a financial advisor burdened with wearing too many hats? Are you looking to move away from cold calling? Does a hybrid service and sales environment without prospecting appeal to you? Join Fisher Investments, a privately held multi-billion dollar global investment firm, as a Portfolio Counselor in our New Client Conversion (NCC) group. If you are passionate about financial planning and educating clients on portfolio strategies, we want to hear from you.
The Portfolio Counselor is a lucrative professional-level role within our Private Client Group (PCG), where you serve as the short-term point contact for our high-net-worth clients. Welcome and onboard new clients by applying your financial planning knowledge and consultative approach to contribute to Fisher Investment's AUM growth. Receive ongoing sales coaching in an energetic environment. Benefit from our internal support teams including Research, Operations and the Investment Policy Committee (IPC). Positively influence your clients and promote our mission to better the investment universe while upholding our fiduciary responsibility by building transparent relationships with clients. You will report to your group manager whose experience in the role will assist you in navigating client relationships and provide personalized career development.
Portfolio Counselors responsibilities include:
- Educate clients on what it means to work with Fisher Investments
- Articulate our investment philosophy to clients
- Align our portfolio strategy with clients’ goals
- Oversee the transfer of clients’ assets
- Monitor the implementation of clients’ Fisher portfolios
- Collaborate with several teams to provide unparalleled service
- Introduce clients to their long-term relationship manager
- 3+ years of experience in asset management, financial and client services
- Required to pass the Series 65 exam or equivalent
- Previous Investment industry experience
- Drive results and provide unparalleled service
- Ability to think critically and manage complexity with a consultative communication style
Why Fisher Investments
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.