IT Service Management Problem Manager
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that creates future global growth through strategic solutions and progress.
We help support our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team.
Our Technology Department is looking for an experienced IT Service Management professional to join our team.
Reporting to the IT Service Management Team Lead, the role of the IT Service Management Problem Manager is to establish ownership of the problem management practice with it's core mission being to identify and understand the underlying cause(s) of an incident and discover the best method to eliminate the issue. You will direct all facets of the problem management effort, including bringing the application and infrastructure teams together using the ServiceNow platform, ensuring operations are returned to normal quickly and developing methods to prevent similar problems in the future. Your primary goals are to prevent Incidents from happening, and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented. The problem manager maintains information about known errors and workarounds.
- Oversee the Problem Management practice
- Determine service goals, expected outcomes, and measureable results
- Apply ongoing problem management principles to identify issues or provide suitable workarounds before (further) incidents recur
- Problem management will analyze incident records and operational logs to find patterns and trends that may indicate the presence of underlying errors
- A good problem manager will eventually demonstrate a lower occurrence of repeat incidents
- Design and use score-cards, methods and tools to monitor KPI, OLA and SLA compliance to MIM protocols
- Prioritize problems according to their urgency and influence on the business
- Produce documents that outline problem resolution protocols and ensure the major incident management process all protocols are diligently followed
- Collaborate within the Incident Management and Major Incident Management processes
- Adjust the problem management process to ensure its effectiveness
- Collaborate with IT teams, advocate and share a common, customer-centric culture with the teams and apply common methods to promote excellence in the role or function
- Further establish and mature the existing Problem Management process to address the need for a process improvement to minimize future unplanned service interruptions and degradations
- Analyze and refine service portfolio metrics to help shape the future ITSM Strategy
Required Technical Background:
- 7+ years of IT Service Management experience
- Provide analysis, consulting, and recommendations on best practices for solutions that scale and are flexible to a changing I&O ecosystem
- Coach, mentor and motivate service delivery managers and staff to increase service and staff performance, end-user satisfaction, and employee satisfaction
- Communicate IT Service Management/IT Service Delivery concepts and processes to all levels of partners
- Experience within a financial services organization
- Experience working within the ITIL Framework with formal Service Management including; incident management, change management, asset management, configuration management (CMDB), and knowledge management
- Understanding of IT Service Management Tools and Service Level Agreements
- ServiceNow Software
- CMDB databases and Configured Items (Cis)
- Experience creating and documenting IT processes
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.