Senior Azure Cloud Solutions Architect (Infrastructure)
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments as we are investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that inspires global growth through strategic solutions and new ideas.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect (Infrastructure) to join our team to promote future global scale. You will help support our firm's diverse departments by building relationships with partners, while consulting and managing a full range of controls with the Technology teams at an enterprise level.
As the Senior Cloud Solutions Architect (Infrastructure), you will play a strategic and technical role responsible for ensuring the Fisher Investments Cloud components including adoption of cloud computing principles. You will oversee adoption of public cloud services and support creation of sustainable/fit for purpose infrastructure architecture in consideration of Fisher Investments standards and information security controls and guidelines.
You will use your broad knowledge of technologies and associated principles allowing you to construct efficient, secure, scalable and resilient technical solutions grounded in end-user and our requirements. As an expert, you will mentor and encourage, while offering guidance to technical teams. You will create industry best practices for deployment and management of custom built or off the shelf solutions in a public cloud environment. You will report to the Infrastructure Solutions Architecture Manager.
- Design, engineer and lead the architecture and implementation of cloud solutions with appropriate technologies and capabilities to meet our requirements
- Understand in-depth the cloud technology trends, the latest new ideas, options and solutions available on how to evolve the capabilities and use within the firm to address the evolving operating model
- Investigate and monitor the current-state cloud usage solutions in use to identify gaps, limitations and come up with the required solutions and remediations
- Implement cloud platform services that are scalable, available, fault-tolerant, with multi-region deployment models
- Lead creation of cloud-focused standards, building blocks and patterns to insure deployed solutions are secure, scalable, and resilient
- Work with other enterprise architects, application architects and security architects to provide a solid and secure IaaS and PaaS platform in Azure
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, appropriate controls and documentation
- Lead and provide expertise on cloud solutions and knowledge transfer and mentoring other team members
- 10 years designing and building complex enterprise scale software applications or platforms
- 5 years of experience serving as technical lead for software architecture design
- 5 years of experience defining architectural tradeoffs and communicating architectural decisions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 5 years of experience using distributed systems and microservice architectures including applying data distribution strategies
- 5 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and communicating with both internal and external stakeholders
- 3 years of experience building scalable and reliable solutions
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- $170,000 - $210,000 base salary per year in the state of WA - New hires should expect to start at the lower end of the range depending on experience
- Eligible for a discretionary bonus based on firm and individual performance
Why Fisher Investments:
We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. We take great pride in our inclusive culture, our learning and development framework customized for every employee, and our Great Place to Work Certification. It's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible, and we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 10 paid holidays (*17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time for California employees)
- Family Support programs including 8 weeks Paid Primary Caregiver leave, adoption assistance and back-up child care
- Opportunity to participate in our hybrid work from home test. This program is a pilot test and subject to change. Based on tenure and performance eligibility, you will have the opportunity to work from home up to 100 days per year
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive Fisher business updates and career information.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.