Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
Fisher Investments is growing and we are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our team and guide future global scale through strategic solutions and new ideas. As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will have a foundational role in establishing and maturing our cloud strategy to support our firms global growth. This role directly reports to the Cloud Platform Team Leader.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will consult and contribute to business process improvements of IT policies, procedures, tools, security controls and infrastructure. You will also conduct research and Proof of Concept activities and provide recommendations for new technologies, techniques and tools to add value by increasing efficiency while improving service quality.
- Design and manage scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure and automation tooling for routine operation tasks
- Participate in team activities such as peer code reviews, design collaboration efforts and rotating on-call process
- Use automation, configuration management and deployment tools to provide cloud-based solutions
- Work with solution architects and partners to confirm developed solutions align with existing standards, meet security controls and meet cloud computing best practices
- Develop tooling and associated processes to improve automation, efficiency, consistency and adherence to security and audit requirements and controls
- Manage implementation and the ongoing operation of cloud services following approved designs, adherence to patterns, security requirements and certify all logging and monitoring are active for security and compliance
- Investigate and monitor current-state cloud usage, solutions in use, risks, gaps, limitations and recommend solutions, optimizations and remediation
- Maintain comprehensive and systematic configuration, lifecycle and security management of servers
- Ensure cloud services and toolsets are deployed with best practices and documentation
- 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure cross platform technology areas, with implementing and maintaining expertise
- 5+ years of experience building, deploying and managing public cloud IaaS and PaaS services
- Experience building an automated cloud infrastructure across Prod and Non-Prod environments
- Scripting and automation of builds, workflows, tasks and other integration aspects
- Linux and Microsoft Windows server administration
- Configuration management, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) toolsets including (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet and Chef)
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.