UK Investment Counsellor (Financial Advisor Alternative)
At Fisher, it’s the people who drive our success and make our purpose possible. We have excellent opportunities for financial service professionals who want to grow a rewarding, long-term career at a firm where they can utilize their skills and reach their potential while helping our clients reach their goals.
- Schedule: Full Time
- Level: Professional
- Travel: Minimal
- Salary: Competitive
No Prospecting, No Cold-Calls, Book of Business Is Provided
At Fisher, our financial service professionals demonstrate the following traits, and all are equally important to their success.
- Our financial professionals focus on providing unparalleled service in an industry generally known for cookie-cutter solutions and impersonal relationships. We believe clients deserve better. Our team of financial professionals communicates Fisher’s value proposition to high-net-worth investors and helps them reach their goals.
- Are you interested in sharing your industry knowledge and serving as a liaison between a prospective client and the firm? Do you want to help us give people a better financial option? If you’re interested in making a difference and working for a mission-driven business, Fisher Investments or one of its subsidiaries might be the best place to take your career to the next level.
Potential Career Path
The Investment Counselor role is one of many exciting professional-level opportunities. We believe in career mobility – where you start is just the beginning of a rewarding Fisher career. Whether you serve as an Investment Counselor for the long term, or decide to explore other groups and roles at the firm, you own your career journey. Where you go next at Fisher is up to you.
Helping clients is what we do best.
Join Private Client Services.
Our Global Benefits
We provide coverage that helps you stay healthy and live your best life throughout your Fisher career. This includes well-balanced and proactive health care options, and additional benefits that support your health and financial wellness.
Quality health care packages offered globally, covering you and your qualified dependents.
We support parents and families with Primary Caregiver, Parental Leave, paid time off, flexibility and resources.
Awards & Recognition
We celebrate achievements and drive a strong culture of recognition across the organization.
Our annual leave packages and country-specific paid holidays help you balance work and free time.
Company contributions to your 401(k) retirement or pension plan, and access to financial planning tools.
Learning and development programs and resources support you as you build your Fisher career.
Are you interested in building relationships and financially educating UK clients? Do you enjoy working with other cultures while developing your career? Join the Fisher Investments team and be part of our growing presence in the United Kingdom market, by becoming a UK Investment Counsellor!
As a Fisher Investments UK Investment Counsellor we provide you with an abundance of support. Through our unique training and mentorship program, you will receive an elevated finance and capital markets education. Our UK Investment Counsellors partner with our internal portfolio decision-makers and auxiliary research teams, client service associates and renowned sales team. With our commitment to being a fee-only fiduciary firm, you’ll appreciate knowing our compensation structure aligns with our clients’ best interests without relying on commissions. You will report to your group manager whose experience in the role will assist you in navigating client relationships and provide personalized career development.
As a UK Investment Counsellor, serving UK clients from our US offices you will:
- Help your clients understand our top-down portfolio strategy by walking them through specific investments and highlighting important events in the market
- Rely on our UK sales team to gradually build your roster of high-net-worth UK clients within the first year
- Be the heart of our Private Client Group, build trusting relationships with our clients and educate them on our top-down portfolio strategy, their investments and important market events
- Proactively connect with clients on a quarterly basis to review their asset allocation and ensure we’re on the right track towards their long term financial goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of UK regulatory practices and adhere to associated operational responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in asset management, financial and client services
- Required to pass the Series 65 exam or equivalent
- Previous Investment industry experience
- Achieve results and provide unparalleled service
- Ability to think critically and manage complexity with a consultative communication style
- $75,000 - $130,000 base salary per year in the state of WA. New hires should expect to start at the lower end of the range depending on experience
- Eligible for discretionary bonus based on firm and individual performance
Why Fisher Investments:
We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. We take great pride in our inclusive culture, our learning and development framework customized for every employee, and our Great Place to Work Certification. It's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible, and we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 10 paid holidays (*17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time for California employees)
- Family Support programs including 8 weeks Paid Primary Caregiver leave, adoption assistance and back-up child care
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
See the area you'll be working in.
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Explore Now
How to Find the Confidence and Skills to Make Your Mark on the Industry (Interview)
"I've always admired Fisher as a company that I would like to work for someday. I was already familiar with the services that Fisher offered and valued the communication with counselors, the process and education, and felt it would be the best fit for me as a planner."
Fisher provides employees the tools necessary to excel at whatever role they are in. Furthermore, we have consistent access to career counseling and mentoring, and an open door to senior management, making it possible to explore all kinds of career paths within the company. Kelsey S. Investment Counselor Fisher Investments
At Fisher, I enjoy being part of a growing firm that provides a service that strives to put our clients’ interests first. Patrick L. Investment Counselor Fisher Investments
I was amazed by the firm’s extensive Investment Counselor training program and the collaborative environment where everyone shares their best ideas. Managers have regular check-ins with their team members and want to talk about your career trajectory. Kelly R. Investment Counselor Fisher Investments
I really enjoy helping clients solve complex financial problems and feel comfortable about their retirement. It’s very rewarding to help clients navigate markets and achieve their financial goals. John T. Investment Counselor Fisher Investments
I started at Fisher as an Italian Investment Counselor in London and really enjoyed having a positive impact on our clients and helping them with their financial goals. Today, as an IC Training Program Manager based in our Dublin office, I enjoy having an impact on the group when it comes to knowledge, quality and our growth. Giorgio A. Investment Counselor Training Program Manager Fisher Investments Ireland
Stay connected by signing up to receive Fisher business updates and career information.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.