Network Engineer - UK
As the Network Engineer, you will be a part of a team of network experts, managing the network delivery to completion and ensure hand-off to necessary support teams.
You will administer aspects of large-scale projects and engineers, tests, documents, and deploys network infrastructure solutions. You will manage technical aspects of assigned projects, including planning and resolving issues. You will work independently to provide technical solutions to solve complex challenges for both IT-facing and business-facing customers. You will also ensure the successful implementation of technology projects by working with Solutions Architecture, Operations, information security, and other departments. You will report to the VP of Infrastructure Security Operations and Architecture.
- Partner with Engineering to help implement proposed solutions for networking
- Provide and help to maintain documentation given to operations team to populate within confluence site
- Manage the Infrastructure environment with service oriented approach and efficient delivery to meet the customer needs, requirements and their service expectations
- Work with engineering to gauge the effectiveness of existing infrastructure systems; develop strategies for improving or further using these systems
- Manage the efficient daily operations and maintenance of the IT services with best practices, automation and orchestration capabilities and ensure effectiveness of the service
- Take end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve network issues, anticipate and avoid problems and in taking actions and optimizations
- Identify the areas for improvements and lead the effort in standardising processes, streamlining and making processes simple
- Provide technical escalation point for production support during normal business and off-hours
- 2+ years' experience in Network Engineering
- Experience analysing new products and making recommendations for implementation
- Experience in data centre relocations
- Azure fundamentals (AZ900) and AZ700 Azure networking fluency
- Practical experience using Terraform to manage at scale
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching technologies
- Experience with WAN, Campus, Data Centre, Wireless, and networks at an enterprise scale
- Experience with Cisco SD-WAN technologies Viptela and Meraki
- Experience with firewalls and VPN devices
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure systems including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security
- Experience with load balancers
Why Fisher Investments Europe:
The global Fisher organisation distinguishes itself by putting clients first, providing unmatched service, and taking a personalised approach to investing. You can feel confident knowing that we align with our clients' best interests by using a simple and transparent fee structure and recognised European custodians.
It's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible, and to help our employees meet their long-term goals, we offer an array of benefits, including:
- 100% paid premiums for our top-tier supplemental medical, dental and annual health screening plans for employees and their qualified dependents*
- 28 days annual leave, with the ability to purchase up to 3 additional days per year, plus up to 8 paid holidays
- Enhanced maternity pay package with 16 weeks' top up to full base pay for eligible employees
- A retirement pension plan, featuring a 9% company contribution of base pay with an additional company match of up to 5% of base pay on personal contributions
- Gym subsidy of up to £50 per month*
- Employee Assistance Program and other emotional wellbeing services
- A collaborative working environment that practises ongoing training, educational support and employee appreciation events
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
FISHER INVESTMENTS EUROPE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
*Employees responsible for any benefit-in-kind taxes as classed by the HMRC
Stay connected by signing up to receive Fisher business updates and career information.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.