Senior Network Engineer
As the Senior Network Engineer, you will be the network expert and managing the network delivery to completion and ensure hand-off to necessary support teams.
You will design aspects of large-scale projects and engineers, tests, documents, and deploys network infrastructure solutions. You will manage technical aspects of assigned projects, including planning and resolving issues. The Senior Engineer works independently to provide technical solutions to solve complex challenges for both IT-facing and business-facing customers. You will also ensure the successful implementation of technology projects by working with Solutions Architecture, Operations, information security, and other departments. You will report to the VP of Infrastructure Security Operations and Architecture.
- Partner with Engineering to help implement proposed solutions for networking
- Provide and help to maintain documentation given to operations team to populate within confluence site
- Manage the Infrastructure environment with service oriented approach and efficient delivery to meet the customer needs, requirements and their service expectations
- Work with engineering to gauge the effectiveness of existing infrastructure systems; develop strategies for improving or further using these systems
- Manage the efficient daily operations and maintenance of the IT services with best practices, automation and orchestration capabilities and ensure effectiveness of the service
- Take end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve network issues, anticipate and avoid problems and in taking actions and optimizations
- Identify the areas for improvements and lead the effort in standardising processes, streamlining and making processes simple
- Provide technical escalation point for production support during normal business and off-hours
- 5+ years' experience in Network Engineering
- Experience analysing new products and making recommendations for implementation
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching technologies
- Experience with WAN, Campus, Data Centre, Wireless, and networks at an enterprise scale
- Experience with Cisco SD-WAN technologies Viptela and Meraki
- Experience with firewalls and VPN devices
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure systems including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security
- Experience with load balancers
Why Fisher Investments Europe:
The global Fisher organisation distinguishes itself by putting clients first, providing unmatched service, and taking a personalised approach to investing. You can feel confident knowing that we align with our clients' best interests by using a simple and transparent fee structure and recognised European custodians.
It's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible, and to help our employees meet their long-term goals, we offer an array of benefits, including:
- 100% coverage of the supplemental medical and dental premiums for you and your qualified dependents*
- 28 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service, with the ability to purchase up to 3 additional days
- Annual Health Screening for you and your qualified dependents*
- 9% company pension contribution with an additional company match up to 5%
- Two Pension Contributions methods to choose from
- Monthly gym subsidy* and Cyclescheme programme
- Interest-free season ticket loan available for purchase upon six months of employment**
- Voluntary worldwide business and leisure travel insurance, including winter sports
- Two Wellness Programmes (free, confidential and available 24/7)
- Enhanced maternity pay subject to 12-months continuous service
- A collaborative working environment that practises ongoing training, educational support and employee appreciation events
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
FISHER INVESTMENTS EUROPE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
*Employees responsible for any benefit-in-kind taxes as classed by the HMRC
**Available only to regular full-time employees with at least a 12-month contract
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.