Fisher Investments Europe is looking for a motivated Senior Paraplanner/Financial Planner to join our growing Private Client Advice group. It is a "hybrid" role that would suit either a level 4 qualified Paraplanner/trainee financial adviser looking to progress into an advisory role, or an existing adviser looking for a modern and efficient approach to private client advice and asset management.
The Private Client Advice group provides regulated financial advice to prospects and to more than 7,000 existing UK clients. Areas of advice include retirement planning (pre and post), pension switches/transfers, cash flow planning, taxation and Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning. You will typically work with pensions, ISAs, General Investment Accounts, investment bonds (onshore and offshore) and trusts. You will report to our Head of Advice who will aid in your training for this role and development for future opportunities, as well as the opportunity to become certified within our global asset management firm.
- Write the financial advice portion of new business suitability reports for prospects, which focuses on the suitability of defined contribution pension switches/transfers while prioritising clients' long-term goals
- Provide ongoing financial advice to your growing client base covering a broad range of topics: pension and investment accumulation (pension contributions, carry forward, lifetime allowance (LTA) planning), tax-efficient cash flow strategies (tax wrappers, allowances and exemptions), and later life planning (estate and IHT planning, offshore bonds and trusts)
- Provide advice to clients over the phone or by email, with some face-to-face client meetings required as you develop within the role
- University graduate or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Level 4 qualified – Diploma in Financial Planning/Regulated Financial Planning
- Level 6/Chartered status would be an advantage
- Experience with financial planning principles
- Genuine desire to provide a high standard of advice and service to clients
- Manage complexity and coordinate across several departments under strict timelines
- You are engaging and can connect with a wide array of audiences by phone and email
- Detailed knowledge of defined contribution pensions
Why Fisher Investments Europe
The global Fisher organisation distinguishes itself by putting clients first, providing unmatched service, and taking a personalised approach to investing. You can feel confident knowing that we align with our clients' best interests by using a simple and transparent fee structure and recognised European custodians.
It's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible, and to help our employees meet their long-term goals, we offer an array of benefits, including:
- 100% coverage of the supplemental medical and dental premiums for you and your qualified dependents*
- 28 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service, with the ability to purchase up to 3 additional days
- Annual Health Screening for you and your qualified dependents*
- 9% company pension contribution with an additional company match up to 5%
- Two Pension Contributions methods to choose from
- Monthly gym subsidy* and Cyclescheme programme
- Interest-free season ticket loan available for purchase upon six months of employment**
- Voluntary worldwide business and leisure travel insurance, including winter sports
- Two Wellness Programmes (free, confidential and available 24/7)
- Enhanced maternity pay subject to 12-months continuous service
- A collaborative working environment that practises ongoing training, educational support and employee appreciation events
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
FISHER INVESTMENTS EUROPE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
*Employees responsible for any benefit-in-kind taxes as classed by the HMRC
**Available only to regular full-time employees with at least a 12-month contract
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.