It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're continuing to invest in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled global team that inspires future scale through strategic solutions, innovation, mentoring, and tight knit teamwork. We help support our firm's diverse businesses, and we are excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more accomplished technologists to our team.
The Data Engineer is the subject matter expert for designing, developing, and optimizing data processing systems and pipelines used to populate data into transactional databases, data warehouses, data marts, or other data repositories. A Data Engineer builds systems to improve data sets and data systems for operating applications, performing analysis, or identifying business or technology issues.
You will be also responsible for operational support and incident/problem management, from creating logging instrumentation to analysis and process improvements. They also coordinate with other IT teams to configure and implement security, monitoring, tooling, and related capabilities as they apply to their assigned systems. You will report to the Business Intelligence Team Leader.
- Use Agile practices to elicit and refine requirements through an iterative process of planning, defining acceptance criteria, prioritizing, developing and delivering enterprise data asset solutions
- Configure, customize and manage integration tools, databases, warehouses and analytical systems with the use of data related software
- Create and deploy data extraction, transformation, and loading processes and pipelines from multiple sources including databases, APIs, and data files
- Deploy structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data storage models such as data vault or dimensional modeling on a variety of platforms to meet our requirements
- Coordinate security, application monitoring, development tooling, and related capabilities with responsible teams
- Provide operational support and incident management for data pipelines and data flows, including updating internal clients and other parties on status changes and issues encountered
- Author and maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation for processes, procedures, and technical designs
- 10+ years of experience developing data-related solutions and software
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience required
- Experience with Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) and Extract/Load/Transform (ELT) tools, including both batch and real-time data transmission applications such as SSIS, Informatica, Kafka, Spark, MuleSoft, or equivalent software
- Experience with database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or NoSQL databases
- Experience with multiple programming languages, such as C#, Java, Python, SQL, Scala, or similar
- Intermediate knowledge of IT infrastructure standards and tools, such as application performance monitoring, IT service management, or DevOps software
- High degree of critical thinking and experience presenting through multiple channels with a variety of audiences
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.