Data Warehouse Architect
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're continuing to invest in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled global team that inspires future scale through strategic solutions, innovation, mentoring, and tight knit teamwork. We help support our firm's diverse businesses, and we are excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more accomplished technologists to our team.
The Data Warehouse Architect oversees the architecture and design of enterprise data warehouses and data marts. The Data Warehouse Architect is the technical expert in logical and physical data modeling using techniques such as third-normal form, dimensional modeling, or data vault modeling, and can design, code, and deploy solutions using these techniques on a variety to software systems. You will collaborate with business and technology teams to design enterprise-wide solutions, including evaluating options, educating team members on the technical tradeoffs, and providing technical direction once a solution selected.
The Data Warehouse Architect is a member of Agile / Scrum teams, coaching and guiding other business intelligence and data engineers on how to implement the platforms. Also, the Data Warehouse Architect manages ongoing support, operations, and optimization of the data warehouses and data marts. You will report to the Business Intelligence Team Leader.
- Use Agile practices to elicit and refine requirements through an iterative process of planning, defining acceptance criteria, prioritizing, developing and delivering enterprise data warehouses and data marts
- Evaluate, propose, implement, and support the technical infrastructure used for the enterprise data warehouse and data marts
- Create and promote strategic capability maps and roadmaps for data warehouse, data mart, and related technologies
- Develop and deploy structured, semi-structured, and unstructured logical and physical data storage models such as data vault or dimensional modeling on a variety platforms to meet the our requirements
- Provide technical direction and guidance to data engineers, BI architects, and other partners on data ingestion processes
- Provide operational support and incident management, including updating internal clients and other parties on status changes and issues encountered
- Author and maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation for processes, procedures, technical designs, and system metadata
- Develop and implement work plans for small-to-medium size projects
- 10+ years of experience in a data-related position with direct experience with data warehouse design, implementation, and operation
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field or equivalent combination of education/experience required
- Advanced knowledge in programming languages such as SQL, R, or Python
- Advanced knowledge in database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or No SQL databases
- Experience with data warehouse technologies, including cloud-hosted vendors and big data platforms
- Advanced knowledge in data modeling methods, frameworks, and tools
- Basic knowledge in Agile / Scrum methodologies
- High degree of critical thinking
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.