IT Infrastructure DevOps/Automation Manager
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments as we are investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that inspires global growth through strategic solutions and new ideas. If you are looking to help support diverse businesses and take end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve technical infrastructure issues, then the IT Infrastructure DevOps/Automation Manager may be the right fit for you!
As the IT Infrastructure DevOps/Automation Manager (Dev/Ops Team Lead) you will work hands-on with your team focusing on working with infrastructure solutions architecture teams and the systems team to automate infrastructure deployments that are secure and compliant. You will provide implementation oversight of solutions that overcome both technology and challenges and help promote a culture of collaboration and partnership with teams inside and outside of technology. You will report to the Associate Vice President – Systems and Automation.
The ability to work a flexible off-hours schedule for planned and unplanned maintenance is required.
- Oversee an Infrastructure DevOps team and hold project team members accountable for delivering successful solutions
- Lead team using Agile methodology
- Promote technical delivery of large-scale projects on all infrastructure technologies
- Ensure that technology delivery meets policy, regulatory, architectural, and security standards
- Work with the infrastructure solutions architecture team to gauge the efficiency of existing infrastructure systems and develop/implement strategies for improving
- Integrate the deployment of infrastructure including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security and the associated services across on premise and cloud backend
- Work with IT leaders and Project Managers to assist with resource planning, vendor assessment, and other tasks to provide technical expertise
- Provide technical escalation points for production support during normal business and off-hours
- Lead innovation efforts and feasibility of the latest technologies and solutions along with the preparation of business case justifications and value proposition demonstrations
- 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure & Operations
- 4+ years of experience managing infrastructure teams
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with operations and engineering delivery of multiple infrastructure technologies including systems, network, storage, compute, and digital workspace
- Experience operating and engineering virtual private or public cloud compute services such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with network micro-segmentation and multi-tenancy, cloud security, and PKI
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Knowledge of Microsoft server technology stack including Active Directory, MS SQL, and Windows
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security
- Candidate will be familiar with project management methodology
- Manage risk and instill trust in others
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.