Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager
Are you looking to join a global technology department for an industry-leading investment firm? Fisher Investments is looking for motivated technologists to support our growing business. If you are looking to make a difference as we develop scalable solutions to support global growth, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager will lead a team of engineers and architects to set up and support the rest of Technology organization with platforms and tools that enable Fishers Observability platform (APM, Logging, Tracing, Alerting, Visualization, AIOps etc.). You will align team actions with business and information technology goals to provide meaningful results and develop employee career growth through coaching and stretch assignments. You will enforce software development best practices, security procedures, and monitor team workflow and facilitate prioritization, communication, and problem solving.
You will report to the Vice President of Application Engineering. The Application Engineering team provides the backbone systems that allow many information technology groups to perform their jobs, gain insight into their own processes, and solve the problems they encounter while achieving their goals. Balancing the short-term needs of development teams and projects with the long-term needs of the enterprise is essential to being a successful DevOps and Tools Team Leader.
- Develop Monitoring capabilities strategy and Roadmaps in partnership with other technology groups
- Build a mature platform organization to help the rest of IT in the Observability/SRE journey
- Design and implement SRE/observability Framework, develop monitoring tooling across the stack, and optimize systems for uptime, performance, and reliability based on the data gathered by this tooling
- Perform analytics on incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take actions
- Partner with Service owners to implement Service Level Metrics & Service Level Objectives that act as service level health indicators
- Measure, communicate and support enterprise platforms stability, scalability and technology organizations capabilities in DevOps
- Recruit, coach, and build teams
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience managing SRE teams (On-prem and cloud), implementing monitoring strategies, setting up and supporting tools as part of Observability platform
- 3+ Years of management experience (personnel, budget, etc.)
- 10+ years of information technology experience
- 5+ years SRE experience with SRE/Observability toolsets like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, NewRelic, Splunk, Elastic etc.
- 3 years Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience performing analytics on incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take actions
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.