Technology Operations Center Manager (Team Lead)
The Infrastructure and Operations Organization is modernizing how our internal customers work, collaborate, focusing on improving our ability to service our clients and prospects. We are expanding to facilitate our growth and our entry into new markets world-wide. We have launched the Technology Operations Team to provide 24x7x365 support to our internal customers and to operate our mission-critical systems and services.
As a Team Lead of the Technology Operations Teams you will lead a team of Engineers who monitor our important systems and services, ensure efficient operation of our Data Centers and provide 24x7 service to our internal customers. You will lead onboarding of new responsibilities, ensure the team is properly cross-trained and will track important operational metrics to show case the team's performance and effectiveness. You will report to the Vice President - Infrastructure Core Collaboration and Voice.
- Maintain optimal staffing plan for group
- Onboard new monitoring opportunities and operational responsibilities using a constant process
- Set, track and report necessary operational metrics for the TOC team
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with other Technology team helping them take full advantage of the TOC
- Ensure that all the responsibilities, run books, main processes are understood and are consistently performed by the team
- Plan for growth by understanding and predicting team's capacity
- Inspire and motivate teams from different backgrounds & cultures
- Prioritize user community satisfaction and feedback in meeting the business demands
- Setting up, growing and managing a Network Operations Center while managing teams of 10+
- 5+ years of experience using technical and leadership expertise across various platforms
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience providing operational support for the following technologies:
- Storage Area Networks (Hitachi, NetApp), MS SQL Database, Cloud Services, Backup and Restore (Commvault preferred), Data Center and Colocation services, Performance Monitoring including Application Performance Monitoring Tools, and General Networking principles
- Experience managing Network Operations Centers, including staffing, capacity planning, operational work onboarding
- Experience setting operational goals, identifying, tracking and reporting on operational metrics
- Experience working with Procurement and Service Desk teams to ensure license compliance
- Experience efficient management of Data Center environments including space planning, cooling and power tracking and usage
- Experience managing service delivery, improvement and project optimization efforts
- Understanding of Agile practices and concepts related to managing products and projects
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.