Australian Investment Counsellor
At Fisher, it’s the people who drive our success and make our purpose possible. We have excellent opportunities for financial service professionals who want to grow a rewarding, long-term career at a firm where they can utilize their skills and reach their potential while helping our clients reach their goals.
- Schedule: Full Time
- Level: Professional
- Travel: Minimal
- Salary: Competitive
No Prospecting, No Cold-Calls, Book of Business Is Provided
At Fisher, our financial service professionals demonstrate the following traits, and all are equally important to their success.
- Our financial professionals focus on providing unparalleled service in an industry generally known for cookie-cutter solutions and impersonal relationships. We believe clients deserve better. Our team of financial professionals communicates Fisher’s value proposition to high-net-worth investors and helps them reach their goals.
- Are you interested in sharing your industry knowledge and serving as a liaison between a prospective client and the firm? Do you want to help us give people a better financial option? If you’re interested in making a difference and working for a mission-driven business, Fisher Investments or one of its subsidiaries might be the best place to take your career to the next level.
Potential Career Path
The Investment Counselor role is one of many exciting professional-level opportunities. We believe in career mobility – where you start is just the beginning of a rewarding Fisher career. Whether you serve as an Investment Counselor for the long term, or decide to explore other groups and roles at the firm, you own your career journey. Where you go next at Fisher is up to you.
Helping clients is what we do best.
Join Private Client Services.
Our Global Benefits
We provide coverage that helps you stay healthy and live your best life throughout your Fisher career. This includes well-balanced and proactive health care options, and additional benefits that support your health and financial wellness.
Quality health care packages offered globally, covering you and your qualified dependents.
We support parents and families with Primary Caregiver, Parental Leave, paid time off, flexibility and resources.
Awards & Recognition
We celebrate achievements and drive a strong culture of recognition across the organization.
Our annual leave packages and country-specific paid holidays help you balance work and free time.
Company contributions to your 401(k) retirement or pension plan, and access to financial planning tools.
Learning and development programs and resources support you as you build your Fisher career.
Are you passionate about building relationships and financially educating clients? Are you interested in expanding your career and working with our high-net-worth Australian clients? Fisher Investments Australia® is our newest development within a globally diverse privately held investment firm. Join our team as a pioneer and help grow our presence in the Australian market by becoming an Investment Counsellor!
Investment Counsellors are the main point of contact for our high-net-worth private clients. When you come to work for us, you will on-board and educate new clients with an abundance of support from internal portfolio decision-makers and auxiliary research teams, client service associates, and a renowned sales team. You will also receive an elevated finance and capital markets education to understand our firm’s unique approach to global investing. We offer a compensation structure that aligns with our clients’ best interest and our commitment to being a fiduciary firm. You will report to our Client Services and Sales Support Team Manager whose experience in the role will assist you in navigating client relationships and provide personalized career development.
As an Investment Counsellor, you are the main point of contact for clients of Fisher Investments Australia. You will:
- Build lasting relationships by proactively speaking with each client on at least a quarterly basis to review their unique financial situation and ensure we’re on track to meet their individual long term financial goals
- Help your clients understand our Investment Policy Committee’s (IPC) investment recommendations, our top-down portfolio strategy, important events in the market and investments in their portfolio
- Utilize your experience and knowledge to help build a strong foundation for Fisher to better the investment universe in Australia
- 5+ years of experience creating and building new client relationships and instilling trust within the investment industry (RG146 strongly preferred) or completion of studies meeting RG 146 standard
- Knowledge of the Australian asset management industry, regulations and procedures
- University degree, suitable graduate diplomas or equivalent combination of experience
- Yield a thoughtful consultative approach with an emphasis on client focus
Why Fisher Investments Australia:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe by ALWAYS putting clients’ interests first. We provide clients something different through unmatched service, continuous education and unique perspectives on investing.
The next stage of our growth will be driven by the expansion of our Private Client Group into Australia. You will be at the frontier of this expansion. You will join our Global workforce and an inclusive culture where diverse perspectives are valued. You will be trained, developed, offered exceptional benefits and given an opportunity to build a lifelong career. If this sounds appealing, apply now to join us in our mission to Better the Investment Universe.
- 100% paid premiums for our top-tier supplemental healthcare plan (includes medical, dental, vision) for employees and their qualified dependents
- Super contributions at the applicable superannuation guarantee percentage specified in superannuation legislation up to the maximum superannuation contribution base
- 20 days of annual leave, in addition to 10 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program and other emotional wellbeing services
- A collaborative working environment that practises ongoing training, educational support and employee appreciation events
FISHER INVESTMENTS AUSTRALIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fisher Investments Australia® is a trademark of Fisher Investments Australasia Pty Ltd (ABN 86 159 670 667, AFSL 433312).
See the area you'll be working in.
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Explore Now
How to Find the Confidence and Skills to Make Your Mark on the Industry (Interview)
"I've always admired Fisher as a company that I would like to work for someday. I was already familiar with the services that Fisher offered and valued the communication with counselors, the process and education, and felt it would be the best fit for me as a planner."
Fisher provides employees the tools necessary to excel at whatever role they are in. Furthermore, we have consistent access to career counseling and mentoring, and an open door to senior management, making it possible to explore all kinds of career paths within the company. Kelsey S. Investment Counselor Fisher Investments
At Fisher, I enjoy being part of a growing firm that provides a service that strives to put our clients’ interests first. Patrick L. Investment Counselor Fisher Investments
I was amazed by the firm’s extensive Investment Counselor training program and the collaborative environment where everyone shares their best ideas. Managers have regular check-ins with their team members and want to talk about your career trajectory. Kelly R. Investment Counselor Fisher Investments
I really enjoy helping clients solve complex financial problems and feel comfortable about their retirement. It’s very rewarding to help clients navigate markets and achieve their financial goals. John T. Investment Counselor Fisher Investments
I started at Fisher as an Italian Investment Counselor in London and really enjoyed having a positive impact on our clients and helping them with their financial goals. Today, as an IC Training Program Manager based in our Dublin office, I enjoy having an impact on the group when it comes to knowledge, quality and our growth. Giorgio A. Investment Counselor Training Program Manager Fisher Investments Ireland
Stay connected by signing up to receive Fisher business updates and career information.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.