Data Governance Analyst
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We are important to supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our Technology team.
We are looking for a Data Governance Analyst to drive the growth of our Data Governance programs. You will report to the Associate Vice President - Data Governance.
The Data Management Program Manager defines standards for the Data Governance program. You will play an essential part of building a strategy to educate and improve data governance practice at Fisher. You will motivate and facilitate cross-functional teams across Business and IT to align the processes according to the Data Governance guidelines.
As well, you will establish and guide teams to support the Data Governance standards and processes according to best practices. You will be a coach and provide guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business, risk and technology goals. You will have a data analysis background, technical knowledge, in-depth understanding of the data development life cycle, passion for data quality.
- Establish Data Governance standards (metadata, data stewardship, data quality, data masking/tokenization/anonymization)
- Drive capabilities and solutions involving data governance in collaboration with Business, ERM, compliance, and IT partners
- Facilitate in ensuring that data governance principles are represented and prioritized
- Establish relationships and work with business, ERM, compliance, and IT partners on using data governance capabilities to support achieving business operations and strategic goals
- Contribute to Fisher's Data Governance community best practices and guide data domain alignment with peers and leaders
- Influence/drive business awareness of data governance through work activities, consulting, and various communication methods for teams
- Define and support development of a data governance roadmap and implementation plans
- Create data governance training content derived from industry best practices
- Present recommendations in multiple formats to all levels
- 8+ years' experience with data governance processes and tools (e.g., Collibra)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Finance or related field
- Experience applying data management and governance frameworks
- Experience developing Data Governance and Data Management Strategy, roadmaps
- Expert knowledge of industry data governance best practices
- Experience establishing Data Governance and Data Quality guidelines and principles
- Experience working in teams using Agile methodologies
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.