Data Platform Administrator
As a Data Platform Administrator, you will plan and administer data analytical platforms as part of a collection of systems in a large technology ecosystem. As a technical expert for our data ecosystem you will support Fisher Investments business line reporting teams, Technology Business Services Data Delivery teams, 3rd party vendors, and implementation partners. This hands-on role will provide support to other developers of the data delivery and analytics teams. You will be a part of the team that plans the technology to ensure capacity and scalability as demand and usage evolves. You will report to an Application Development Team Leader on the Data Platform Services team.
- Work with stakeholders to analyze how the data analytics platform will meet business objectives
- Maintain and configure different data analytics platforms, including Tibco Data Virtualization, SQL databases, Collibra, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Tableau etc., to ensure uptime and smooth operations
- Work with Infrastructure and Operations, Information Security and multiple data teams to troubleshoot platform issues and resolve issues, conduct root cause analysis, document problems and resolutions
- Work with Solutions Architects, Business Intelligence Architects and Database Administrators to perform performance tuning
- Provide multiple metrics (KPI) for the data platforms
- Participate in capacity planning and cost optimization
- Develop and implement several work plans for projects
- Prepare appropriate status reports and submit them to management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a system analyst, system administrators with direct experience with data analytical platforms design, implementation, and operation
5 years experience with SQL database development or administration
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or a combination of technical skills and experience
- Experience with investment management systems and processes
- Experience with cloud-based data platform (e.g., Azure)
- Knowledge or experience with infrastructure (system and networking) and database administration
- Knowledge or experience with data access control/security models
- Experience with Agile methodologies in a database and/or data warehousing space
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.