It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future global growth through strategic solutions and progress.
Our Technology team is looking for a mid to senior level Database Developer to compliment our staff. As a Database Developer, you will design and implement relational database models (logical and physical) and database storage objects for large-scale enterprise class databases. You will also independently design and program database servers, retrieve or modify data and mentor more junior database developers. You will report to the Application Development Manager (Team Lead).
- Meet with business and technical users to understand needs to develop data specifications
- Create database objects to solve business and technical needs on high availability enterprise class databases
- Test and debug database objects
- Create logical and physical database design, logic flow charts and process diagrams
- Develop/Improve queries and manage indexes to facilitate performance goals
- Create and maintain the security measures used to safeguard against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
- Participate in and lead portions of projects of medium to large size and complexity
- Mentor other database developers
- Propose and maintain standards and practices used in the development of database objects
- Coordinate development requests from the user community and balance work among developers
- Remain current on the industry and evaluate new tools and methods for applicability at Fisher Investments
- Provide production support 24 x 7
- 4+ years experience as a database developer with Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase or equivalent RDBMS server
- 4+ years experience writing T-SQL, PL-SQL or equivalent SQL database objects
- 3+ years experience with Data Modeling/Relational Database Design
- 3+ years experience with object-oriented application development languages
- Bachelor's degree in finance, MIS, computer science, math, or other science field required or equivalent experience
- Experience with database backup and recovery and principals of high availability and thorough knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Experience developing complex DTS packages
- Experience planning work and anticipating and resolving technical problems
- Experience performing production support
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.