Are you looking to join a global technology department for an industry-leading investment firm? Fisher Investments is looking for motivated technologists to support our growing business. If you are looking to make a difference as we develop scalable solutions to support global growth, this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Splunk Engineer will be part of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team under Application Engineering group that will set up and support the rest of Technology organization with platforms and tools that enable Fisher's Observability platform (APM, Logging, Tracing, Alerting, and Visualization). The Application Engineering team provides the backbone systems that allow many information technology groups to perform their jobs, gain insight into their own processes, and solve the problems they encounter while achieving their goals.
- Work with the Manager and Architect to develop monitoring capabilities, strategy, and roadmaps
- Design, configure and setup Log management tools and frameworks like Splunk, Elastic on-prem and on cloud to improve efficiency and operational stability
- Perform analytics on incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take actions
- Develop tooling and processes to increase automation and adherence to security and audit controls
- Foster the use of SRE tools and capabilities across Technology groups
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience setting up, configuring, customizing and administering Log Management tools like Splunk, Elastic
- Partner with application development, application support, and other IT infrastructure resources to define measurement frameworks, develop KPI's and performance dashboards
- Ability to train IT product delivery teams on proper use of tools and capabilities
- Experience creating/contributing to creation of Observability platform and integrate with other tools part of the ecosystem like Dynatrace, Servicenow
- Experience performing analytics on incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take actions
- Technology design expertise which includes Performance, Security, Availability, Operations, Monitoring and Support
- Relational database management skills like MSSQL, MySQL, SQL, Postgres or Mongo DB
- Experience in any scripting languages such as Unix Shell Scripting, Python, or PowerShell
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive business updates and career information about Fisher Investments and its affiliates.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.