A Project Manager is a critical role that independently manages a full range of projects, including the larger and more complex corporate or departmental projects and implementations. They organize, plan and execute projects, ensure adherence to deadlines, manage project budgets, help define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control. Duties also include coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Manage all phases of individual projects to ensure they are completed efficiently and meet the customer’s requirements. Projects may be multi-year, multi-million dollar efforts involving the replacement of core business systems and involve process changes to multiple business units.
Lead and motivate teams and ensure projects are delivered with a high degree of quality.
Effectively manage the project scope, budget, and timeline. Evaluate the impact to the project if changes are made to these constraints.
Identify and manage potential risks or issues. Proactively develop contingency and mitigation plans.
Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as project management and technical knowledge, to assess and resolve project-related obstacles.
Effectively communicate relevant project information to project team members, internal customers, and the management team. Communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
Influence decision-making, obtain buy-in, and negotiate resources, scope, and timelines with Project Sponsors, key stakeholders, and project team members.
Work with impacted departments to identify needs and obtain project resources.
Manage contract and consulting resources and ensure compliance with the project budget and Statement of Work.
Analyze and assess project requirements and processes and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of project management experience required; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative project teams on technical projects of varying size and complexity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management , project team members, internal clients, and consultants
- Strong ability to persuade at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, and solve complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies and tools, and experience managing projects in both
- Ability to identify and provide solutions for improving current practices
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a 2017 Top Workplace with the best benefits!
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER