It’s an exciting time to be in our IT department; we’re investing heavily in the future of our firm’s technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm’s diverse businesses, and we’re excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented individuals to our team.
Our IT/Technology Department is seeking an IT Business Analyst to help achieve business goals and objectives by collaborating with the business, members of our delivery team, and our software vendors to manage the use and development of their assigned software. They provide product expertise to business users, participate in a full range of projects involving their software group, and provide ongoing systems support.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of how your assigned research and investment operations products are used, including:
- End to end workflows and business rules
- Data flows and dependencies
- Integration points and timing of jobs within and between systems
- Security model and access provisioning procedures
- Reporting requirements and understanding of reporting environment
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of future business objectives to facilitate product vision and direction setting
- Elicit and document solution requirements and acceptance criteria for product functions and features
- Coordinate with the business, members of our delivery team, and our software vendors to constantly prioritize requirements within the backlog based on highest value to the product, managing dependencies between requirements when needed
- Provide ongoing product support as needed
- Demonstrate functionality in product demos and determine whether commitments have been met
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing
- Maintain product documentation, including product roadmap/backlog, system and process workflows, support plans, and training documentation
- Fulfill project management duties on small to medium initiatives
- Act as contact on vended software regarding roadmaps and future functionality; coordinate contracts and SOWs.
- Understand the vendor landscape for like products and serve as a catalyst for transitioning to new products when appropriate
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis, systems analysis, or application support
- Previous experience with research and investment operations systems, e.g. order management, research management, portfolio accounting, and reconciliation systems
- Demonstrated SQL proficiency to organize and analyze data
- Demonstrated MS Visio proficiency, including the ability to create workflow and data flow diagrams
- Knowledge of SDLC; experience with SCRUM and writing user stories preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to multiple audiences, including various levels of management
- Strong technical aptitude; learns new processes and systems quickly
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a 2017 Top Workplace with the best benefits!
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER