As Vice President- International Human Capital you will report to the Chief Human Capital Officer and support our international locations and employees specifically. To do this, you will create a roadmap which will lead Fisher Investments on a journey that drives organizational change, process improvement and efficiencies that better our employee universe. You will coach senior leaders on Human Capital issues that will bring about a deeper competitive advantage for our business while driving employee engagement. This is a new position, due to our continued growth and will be based out of our Camas, WA location.
- Support existing and new European locations by building policies, establishing best practices and increasing organizational capabilities that reflect Fisher Investment's values and the local needs of our business.
- Lead immigration, international transfers and expatriation to serve our international locations while understanding market trends and cost of living adjustments while coordinating with legal counsel.
- Develop the roadmap for our International Human Capital needs, that support a "best place to work" culture while assessing and developing our international strategy that also supports our core business goals.
- Lead the strategy, planning and implementation of International Human Capital needs which could vary by country or region in succession/workforce planning, talent acquisition, performance improvement, attrition, employee relations, employee engagement, compensation and benefits.
- Give input to our remuneration committee for our UK locations to optimize processes and procedures.
- Partner with various Human Capital teams such as Learning & Development, Compensation, Organizational Development, Recruitment Marketing, Benefits, HR Operations, Employee Engagement and Talent Acquisition to evaluate current international practices.
- Showcase flexibility and adaptability in changing priorities while maintaining discretion and confidentiality.
- Mentor and collaborate with Human capital resources in numerous locations by providing regular feedback, performance reviews while setting clear expectations on performance and goals.
- Support ad hoc projects and new HC initiatives as required.
- 5+ years of progressive global/international human capital experience with proven experience guiding, supporting and influencing senior management/executive leadership team members.
- 8+ years of human capital generalist experience with familiarity of compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, visa's and development.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and develop Human Capital team members at various levels.
- Ability to direct complex and sensitive projects under tight deadlines while maintaining close attention to detail.
- Experience partnering with people from different and diverse backgrounds while demonstrating understanding of cultural differences and norms.
- The courage to deliver difficult messages with tact, understanding and diplomacy.
- The understanding that travel requirements could vary, and will typically be between 10-20%.
- Bachelors or Master's degree (ideally in Human Resources or related field).
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a 2017 Top Workplace with the best benefits!
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER