It’s an exciting time to be a member of the Fisher Investments Technology Department. We’re investing heavily in the future of our firm’s technology and are building our team to drive global growth.
We are looking for a talented Technology Business Analyst with experience supporting trade order management systems and trading-related processes. In this role, you will perform a number of duties including providing general application support, serving as an important team member on a variety of projects, and serving as an internal consultant to help optimize business processes that leverage the firm’s order management systems. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, a background using business analysis best practices, and a strong aptitude for learning new processes and applications. This position will be located in either our Camas, WA, office (near Portland, OR) or San Mateo, CA. This will be a direct hire opportunity.
- Partner with your business customers to understand their current and future process needs
- Provide advice and alternatives to your business partners for proposed process and system changes
- Elicit requirements and develop functional specifications for maintenance items, enhancements, and project-related needs
- Serve as a liaison between internal business customers, the Technology Team, and our OMS vendors
- Assist with business case development and estimation for projects and other initiatives
- Manage configuration of the applications you support
- Provide Project Management duties, as needed, for small to mid-sized projects
- Provide support for application-related issues
- Coordinate application testing to ensure system changes are ready for production use
- Develop and maintain documentation for your assigned applications
- Facilitate product vision and direction setting
- Work with technology vendors on your supported applications
- Understand the vendor landscape for like products and serve as a catalyst for transitioning to new products when appropriate
- 5+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience configuring and supporting trade order management and trading back office systems.
- Familiarity with order generation, trade compliance, trade execution, and trade settlement processes.
- Previous experience working as a Technology Business Analyst and knowledge of best practices and methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to confidently present to large groups and executives
- A solid understanding of Waterfall and Agile frameworks and their associated deliverables
- An ability to build rapport and trust with Technology team members as well as business teams for the areas you will be supporting
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Proficiency with SQL and the ability to analyze data
- Demonstrated proficiency with process diagramming and project management tools
- IIBA CBAP or PMI-PBA certification desired
- Completion of a 4-year degree or equivalent experience
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER