Fisher Life Planning is a separate service from Fisher Investments. It is focused on helping older adults navigate the non-financial aspects of aging and retirement.
The Life Planning Counselor works as a dedicated resource for clients, acting as an unbiased thought partner and resource to help clients navigate areas like senior housing, caregiving, and building a life of meaning and purpose. This role is a unique opportunity to use or build your knowledge and expertise, as you help our clients face the twists in the road ahead with confidence.
You will build person-centered relationships with clients; discover their needs, wants, values; and provide information, education, and resources to help them prepare for challenges, make important decisions, and achieve what is important to them.
- As a Life Planning Counselor, you would be an important member of a team of experienced aging professionals. In this role, you’ll be responsible for advising and guiding clients through an individualized planning process—providing actionable advice for addressing challenges related to living and aging well.
- Be a part of something that’s never been done. Life Planning isn’t just new to Fisher—it’s new to the market, as well. This requires adaptability and big picture thinking. The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment is a must.
- Have an impact on our clients’ lives. You will focus on the best interest of our clients and their needs as they navigate the aging process. You will be there to guide them—keeping them informed, engaged, and prepared by building a unique relationship, identifying their goals and priorities, and providing actionable advice and support for their future within our proprietary framework.
- Grow with us. Invest in your own development through new experiences and on-the-job training in the field of aging. Work with us to train others inside Fisher Life Planning and across the firm. And help us to continuously strive to help our clients in unique ways they won’t find elsewhere.
- You have experience and knowledge of the aging landscape.
- You are experienced working with older adult clients and enjoy helping others.
- You possess empathy, patience, a sense of humor, and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are a team player—flexible in dealing with multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- You pride yourself on your superior organization and document management.
- You have a creative, analytical mindset, understanding both the big picture and the smallest details.
- You maintain a constant baseline of risk awareness and best practices in a regulatory environment.
- Background in gerontology, counseling, social work, case management, or other aging-related human services positions preferred.
- Certified Senior Advisor (CSA) or Aging Life Care Manager (ALCM) certifications are valued, but not required.
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a 2017 and 2018 Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER