It is an exciting time to join the Investment Solutions – Process Infrastructure team within the Portfolio Management Group (PMG)! In a newly structured team and group, your process improvement, problem solving and fact driven analysis will be a key contributor to the success of PMG, a major business unit driving overall firm success.
The Process Infrastructure Team is looking for a Business Analyst to help drive measurable business process improvements aligned with Portfolio Management Group objectives. The Business Analyst works cross-functionally within PMG and the broader firm to understand and develop our primary value chain, unify our business process architecture, streamline key processes and sub-processes, and proactively identify and execute on operational excellence and measurable areas for improvement.
The Day-to Day:
- Partner with the business and its’ leadership to develop the client life cycle, map business capabilities and key processes, and assess areas for improvement using Lean methodology and Agile tools.
- Collaborate with the Technology Group as a process owner and business expert in implementing engineered or vendor solutions that enhance client experience and meet business requirements.
- Drive process improvements through constant, iterative review of our business process architecture’s stability and scalability, developing lean workflows with high quality output, ensuring solutions meet current and future business objectives.
- Use industry standard methodologies to conduct root cause analysis formulating cogent problem statements, process assessment, modeling, and plan for improvement.
- Document requirements and manage changes from current (as-is) to target (to-be) design states.
- Lead process redesign & reengineering workshops with business end-users providing them adequate support and training.
- Maintain business processes and group artifacts.
- Strong technical aptitude (learns new processes and systems quickly) and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, and solve complex problems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to multiple audiences, including various levels of management.
- Experience in process workflow mapping using MS Visio or similar tools
- Experience leading teams in process improvement projects in service industries with a demonstrable track record preferred.
Not required, but a plus:
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst or similar position.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Financial Applications
- Prior experience or currently involved in, complex business processes, business process mapping, or business architecture modeling
- Experience with a Business Process Management Suite (BPMS)
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence, Jira and/or similar project & issue tracking software
- Working knowledge of and applied experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies, and SDLC
Why Fisher Investments
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.