It’s an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we’re investing heavily in the future of our firm’s technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm’s diverse businesses, and we’re excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our Technology team.
Our Technology Department is now seeking a highly talented Infrastructure Engineering Manager (Team Lead) to join our team. This position will be located in our Camas, WA, (near Portland, OR) office. This will be a contract-to-hire or direct hire opportunity.
The IT Infrastructure Engineering Team Leader position will be responsible for a team focused on technical IT infrastructure project delivery, technical strategy, and escalations. The candidate will provide implementation oversight of solutions that overcome both technology and business challenges.
Team coverage includes rotating on-call duties and responding within 15 minutes for providing high service supporting 24/7/365 as needed. The ability to work a flexible off-hours schedule for planned and unplanned maintenance is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This leader will hold project team members accountable for the successful delivery of solutions and tactfully navigate the firm’s business culture to get things done
- This position will coordinate all work intake, staffing coverage, and priorities of the team
- This role will drive a culture of collaboration and partnership with teams inside and outside of technology
- Facilitates the design and plans large-scale projects on all infrastructure technologies
- Ensures that solutions meet policy, regulatory, architectural, and security standards
- Collaborate with operations to gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing infrastructure systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Integrates the design and deployment of infrastructure including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security and the associated services across on premise and cloud backends.
- Work with other IT leaders and Project Managers to assist with resource planning, vendor assessment, and other tasks to provide technical thought leadership.
- Provide technical escalation point for production support during normal business and off-hours.
- Guides team discussions to ensure productive behavior and business results.
- Manages the efficient day-to-day operations and maintenance of the IT services with best practices, automation and orchestration capabilities and ensure effectiveness of the service.
- Deliver effective problem solving with an analytical mindset and taking end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve problems, anticipate and avoid problems and in taking proactive actions and optimizations.
- Identify the areas for improvements proactively and lead the effort in standardizing the processes and procedures, streamlining, enhancing, and making processes superior and simple.
- Take control of the Infrastructure environment end-to-end to effectively monitor, manage the reliability and stability of the products and solutions deployed for each service with proactive tuning and improvements.
- Manages the Infrastructure environment effectively with service oriented approach and efficient delivery to meet the customer needs, requirements and their service expectations.
- Lead to drive translating and mapping business requirements, objectives into IT infrastructure needs and design to develop and implement quality, cost-effective solutions.
- Lead the innovation efforts and feasibility of the new/emerging technologies and solutions for the firm along with the preparation of thorough business case justifications and value proposition demonstrations.
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in IT, with 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure & Operations
- 4 years of experience managing infrastructure teams
- Preferred 15+ years of experience in IT, with 12+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure & Operations
- 8 years of experience managing infrastructure teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience serving as a Team and/or Technical Lead in a mid to large sized IT organization preferred
- Experience with operations and solution design of multiple infrastructure technologies including systems, network, storage, compute, and digital workspace
- Experience operating and/or engineering virtual private or public cloud compute services (VMware, Azure, AWS)
- Experience operating and/or engineering corporate mail and collaboration tools (Exchange, SharePoint, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, BlueJeans, Webex, etc.
- Experience with SD-WAN and SD-DC systems such Cisco Viptela, Meraki, ACI and VMware NSX.
- Experience with network micro-segmentation and multi-tenancy, cloud security, Kerberos, PKI, & Group Policy
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server technology stack including AD, MS SQL, Windows and knowledge of infrastructure concepts including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security
Other Management Skills:
- Candidate will be familiar with project management methodology
- Ideal candidates will have strong communications skills to both technical & non-technical customers and overall excellent customer service skills
- The candidate will have high decision quality, the ability to manage risk, and instill trust in others
- Strong organizational, management and conceptual skills are preferred
- Ability to lead and work independently and must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be adaptable to acquiring new skills and knowledge
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, and make an impact at a great company, apply now!
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a 2017 and 2018 Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER