It’s an exciting time to be a member of the Fisher Investments Technology Department. We’re investing heavily in the future of our firm’s technology and are building our team to drive global growth.
We are seeking a talented Scrum Master / Technical Project Manager to join our team. This position will be located in either our San Mateo, CA, office (near San Francisco, CA) or Camas, WA, office (near Portland, OR). This will be a direct hire or contract-to-hire opportunity.
- Work closely with Technology team leaders to establish an improved software delivery lifecycle process.
- Lead and motivate cross-functional delivery teams to ensure the teams meet their commitments and projects are delivered with a high degree of quality.
- Act as Scrum Master; scheduling, managing, and facilitating scrum events (daily standup, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospectives).
- Facilitate release planning.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as project management and technical knowledge, to assess and resolve project-related obstacles.
- Provide coaching and guidance on Agile best practices and process changes.
- Manage the delivery team’s backlog, work prioritization, assignment, and tracking in Jira.
- Identify ways of leveraging Jira to improve visibility into the development process and progress towards project completion.
- Provide recurring reporting on the delivery team’s sprint accomplishments to business stakeholders.
- Assist with monitoring of resource capacity and performance.
- 5+ years of scrum master and/or project management experience.
- Deep knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies. Scrum Master Certification and PMP a plus.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams on technical projects of varying size and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability establishing and improving a software development lifecycle process.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills; including the ability to confidently present to large groups and provide status reports to executives.
- Extensive Jira experience.
- Previous experience as a developer a plus.
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER