The IT Project Manager (Infrastructure) independently manages a full range of projects, including the larger and more complex corporate or departmental projects and implementations. They organize, plan and execute projects, ensure adherence to deadlines, manage budgets, help define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control. Responsibilities also include coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver infrastructure projects according to plan.
As a growing firm, we have several initiatives that will need an Infrastructure Project Manager’s expertise on. Since the Infrastructure team is involved in anything from new platforms, technologies, upgrading data centers and new locations, a huge part of this role will require prioritization and communication around what’s time sensitive, what can wait and what isn’t a priority right now. At the same time, building relationships with stakeholders and colleagues will be imperative to your success.
- Manages project outcomes against success benchmarks to ensure that results deliver on customer needs, requirements and their service expectations. Projects may be multi-year, multi-million dollar efforts involving the replacement of core business systems and involve process changes to multiple business units
- Leads and motivates teams and ensure projects are delivered with a high degree of quality
- Effectively manages the project scope, budget, and timeline. Evaluates the impact to the project if changes are made to these constraints
- Identifies and manages potential risks or issues. Proactively develops contingency and mitigation plans
- Influences decision-making, obtains buy-in, and negotiates resources, scope, and timelines with Project Sponsors, key stakeholders, and project team members
- Identifies the areas for improvements proactively and leads the project effort in standardizing the processes and procedures, streamlining, enhancing, and making processes superior and simple
- Manages the efficient day-to-day running of the IT project with best practice project methodology and collaboration capabilities to ensure success of the project
- Delivers effective problem solving with an analytical mindset and taking end-to-end project ownership to prevent and solve problems, and to anticipate and avoid problems before they become project blockers
- Takes control of all assigned IT projects end-to-end to effectively challenge project members, ensure accountability, and inform stakeholders of project outcomes
- 4+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure & Operations Projects
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with medium to large projects involving IT Infrastructure technologies such as network, telecom, systems engineering, data center, and storage in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies and experience managing projects in both
- Working knowledge of MS Office, JIRA, MS Project, and/or Project Portfolio Management tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management , project team members, internal clients, and consultants
- Strong ability to influence and persuade at all levels of the organization
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER