Fisher Investments Luxembourg Sàrl (Fisher Investments Luxembourg or “FIL”) is a wealth manager offering portfolio management tailored to clients’ long-term goals. Client assets are held at recognised European custodians and sub-managed by Fisher Investments Luxembourg parent company, Fisher Investments in the United States.
FIL is searching for an experienced Risk & Compliance professional to join the department as a Risk & Compliance Officer (“RCO”). You will assist Fisher Investments Luxembourg and its employees in operating in accordance with applicable regulations. You will be part of a collaborative team which prides itself in producing high quality work at all times, and will assist the Chief Risk & Compliance on various tasks. You shall further deputize (where necessary) for the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer.
- Design, develop, implement, define and monitor risk management policy and process (”RMP”) as per Luxembourg regulations and best practices
- Design and implement an ICLAAP
- Implement a local operational risk framework
- Monitor compliance with applicable risk laws & regulations
- Monitor risks associated with new investments strategies implemented by the portfolio manager
- Assist and monitor the New Product Approval Process
- Participate in producing regular and ad-hoc risk related reports to regulators, for Senior Management and Board of Directors outlining the current level of various risks incurred by FIL’s clients portfolios and evaluate any actual or foreseeable breach to their asset allocation limits
- Review the RMP to ensure it is adequate to the risk profile of the FIL’s portfolios
- Close interaction with the group portfolio management function - for risks linked to investments - and with other departments (e.g. IT, legal, administration, etc.) for operational risks, intervening in the investment process
- Help to deliver risk training in the areas of Risk function
- Implement the firm’s Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Aid with maintaining the complaint and breach registers
- Manage CSSF applications for Tied Agents and other approved persons
- Assist with the firms compliance regarding AML/CFT requirements and with completion of AML risk assessments
- Keep on top of any new CSSF regulations and instructions, CAA regulations and instructions, Industry best practices. Guidance to the industry, etc.
- Help to deliver compliance training in the areas of Risk& Compliance Induction, AML, Conflicts of Interest, Suitability, Market Abuse
- Help with the day to day administration of the risk and compliance function
- Assist with certain aspects of CSSF regulatory reporting for both the firm and its branches in other European jurisdictions
- Design and implement outsourced activities framework
- Bachelor/Master degree with a minimum 3-5 years experience in a regulated environment preferably acquired in a wealth management firm or a bank
- A proven AML/CFT background and MIFID II is required
- Strong knowledge of CSSF laws, regulations and practices
- A sound understanding of return and risk characteristics of various financial asset classes
- A certification in Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit, in compliance will be advantageous
- Ability to educate the first line business areas on regulatory matters and to effectively handle challenges from individuals in the business
- Whilst a constructive business approach is necessary to succeed in the role, a second line of defense independent mind set is critical
- A robust understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and market awareness
- A robust understanding of discretionary portfolio management, asset management, pension advice and regulatory requirements relating to retail and professional clients
- Business level French would be preferred but not essential
Why Fisher Investments Luxembourg:
Fisher Investments Luxembourg offers portfolio management tailored to clients’ long-term goals. Client assets are held at recognised European custodians and managed by Fisher Investments in the United States (www.fisherinvestments.com ).
Fisher Investments and Fisher Investments Luxembourg use a simple and transparent fee structure that aligns our interests with our clients’ priorities. The Fisher organisation has a long history of managing global investments and helping people reach their long-term goals and objectives.
To help our employees meet their long-term goals, we offer an array of benefits, including:
- The Company covers 100% of the membership or premium cost for the supplemental healthcare (includes medical, dental, vision) for employees and their qualified dependents
- Our supplemental medical provider, DKV, covers a range of conditions and reimbursement options for treatments including dental treatment and orthodontic care. It also includes medical care if needed when travelling abroad.
- 28 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after five years of service, with ability to purchase up to 3 additional days.
- A supplemental retirement pension to employees, 4% of your base pay up to the social security ceiling and 12% for base pay income over the ceiling. FIL will match employee personal contributions up to a maximum of 50% (or €600 given the current employee maximum is €1200 annually as set by the government).
- Monthly gym subsidy.
- A supportive, collaborative working environment
- Employee appreciation events
- Ongoing training and educational support
The global Fisher organisation distinguishes itself by putting clients first, providing world-class service, and taking a personalized approach. Join a team that’s bringing new approaches to wealth management daily!
By applying, you are consenting that the information on your public profile, CV, resume, and any other information you submit to us can be saved in our database for the purpose of considering you for current and future job opportunities. You may withdraw this consent at any time by emailing CandidateInfo@fisherinvestments.co.uk. Your information will be used for the purpose of considering you for employment in accordance with our privacy policies at https://www.fishercareers.com/?site_type=INT#footer_privacy.
FISHER INVESTMENTS LUXEMBOURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
*Employees responsible for taxes
**Available only to regular full-time employees with at least a 12-month contract