It’s an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we’re investing heavily in the future of our firm’s technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm’s diverse businesses, and we’re excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our Technology team.
Our Technology Department is now seeking a talented IT Service Management and Delivery Manager (Team Leader) to join our team. You can work in our Camas, WA, (near Portland, OR) office, our San Mateo, CA, (near San Francisco, CA) office, or our Plano, TX, (near Dallas, TX) office. This will be a direct hire opportunity.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the role of the Team Lead - IT Service Management and Delivery is to effectively lead the ITSM and IT Service Delivery team and build strong strategic relationships with other groups within Technology as well as Business Groups. The role is responsible for identifying and addressing the business’ wants and needs, refine and improve the existing Service Portfolio, define and implement additional formal IT Service Management functions, set the prioritization of team projects, manage team members and their performance reviews, lead recruiting for any open headcount, and ensure that projects and services aligns with and supports the overall business strategy.
This role is critical in managing all aspects of the client/customer relationship and supports the firm in managing the evolving technology landscape at an enterprise level. In addition, this role will be responsible for the Disaster Recover and Business Continuity Plan for all of IT Infrastructure and Operations, requiring strong relationship and partnership building among other IT and Business units as well as with the BCP Team. The incumbent will ensure the ongoing cost-effectiveness and integration capabilities of the services and the overall solution set. Continuous improvement of the Service Portfolio, based on metrics, KPIs and customer feedback, will be a key to success for the incumbent to provide the best possible service in support of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and lead the Service Delivery Practice, which currently consists of a team of approximately 8 professionals
- Define and establish service goals, expected outcomes and measureable results
- Design and utilize score-cards, surveys, methods and tools to monitor KPI, OLA and SLA compliance
- Collaborate with relevant teams to define the service portfolio roadmap, maturity path, customer priorities and drive to continuously improve maturity levels
- Ensure that IT Services are being consumed efficiently by business units
- Ensure IT Service Managers are partnering/interfacing with key business units
- Coach and mentor as necessary
- Accountable for the strategic direction and guidance of ITSM processes and functions, as well as their supporting tools
- Ensure services and tools are consistently deployed, executed, measured, monitored, and improved for Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Configuration Management (CMDB), Capacity Management, Service Catalog, ServiceNow ITSM Platform, etc.
- Develop business cases to propose and implement additional ITSM processes and functions to further improve service - Knowledge Management, Release Management, Event Management, Request Management (with self-service capabilities)
- Ensure service levels are defined and met around Availability, Performance and Resiliency
- Own and Orchestrate a formal Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodology to drive long term resolution of Sev 1 (Critical severity incidents), recurring incidents, recurring problems, or major events
- Own and Orchestrate the I &O Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan
- Partner with leaders within I&O and key business units to define and document the plan for Process Maps, Runbooks and RPOs and RTOs
- Operationalize and test the plan on a regular basis as well as maintain the plan and make updates
- Results from periodic tests or dry-runs, changing needs of the business, updates or changes to policies, process or infrastructure
- Identify and define opportunities for process improvement and adhere to the principals of Continual Service Improvement utilizing metrics to ensure processes provide the anticipated value to stakeholders and users
- Continually analyze and refine service portfolio metrics to help shape the future ITSM Strategy
Required Technical Background:
- 15+ years of IT Experience with 5+ years of Management/Team Leadership experience, including but not limited to:
- Providing analysis, consulting, and making recommendations on good practices for solutions that scale and are flexible to adapt to a changing I & O ecosystem
- Coaching, mentoring and motivating service delivery managers and staff to increase service and staff performance, end-user satisfaction, and employee satisfaction
- Executive presence with the ability to clearly communicate ITSM/IT Service Delivery concepts and processes to all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt style and level of abstraction as appropriate
- 5+ years’ demonstrable and relatively recent experience in ITSM (IT Service Management) and/or IT Service Delivery Leadership
- Thorough understanding of IT service portfolio creation and management, service and value requirement definition and design, and typical supporting operating models
- Typical elements that make up services, up-stream and down-stream dependencies, integrations, redundancy, availability, performance, and recovery models
- Preferably in a financial services organization of similar size and complexity
- Significant experience working within the ITIL Framework with formal Service Management to include but not limited to:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Asset Management
- Configuration Management (CMDB)
- Capacity Management
- Service Catalog
- Implementation of IT Service Management Tools and SLAs (Service Level Agreements) - ServiceNow Software and CMDB databases and Cis
- Experience creating, documenting and disseminating IT processes
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency ensuring that the operationalized ITSM processes and functions add value to all stakeholders, with respect to the delivery, management, and consumption of those services
- Establish strong relationships and partnerships with business/IT, clients/customers
- Have a strong desire to deliver exceptional customer experiences, obsess over quality of services being delivered, and be relationship oriented through transparent and proactive communication. Some ways could include:
- Surveys to gather periodic customer feedback on a consistent basis
- Utilize an outside-in approach model and measure service success from customer’s point of view
- Proactively showcase service improvements
- Effectively communicate service impairments to the business/customers in a timely manner while taking ownership of service resolution/restoration and coordination of resources
- Collaborate closely with IT teams, enable and share a common, customer-centric culture with the teams and apply common methods to drive excellence in the role or function.
- Facilitate and drive alignment across teams, conduct customer research, and work with key stakeholders across business and technology to develop the service strategy, vision and roadmap.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other related field
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification – minimum
- ITIL v3 Expert Certification – preferred
- Agile/Scrum (CSM) Certification – preferred
- Project management training and/or PMP/PRINCE2 certification - preferred
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, and make an impact at a great company, apply now!
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER