It’s an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we’re investing heavily in the future of our firm’s technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm’s diverse businesses, and we’re excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our Technology team.
We are currently looking for a qualified IT/Technology Change Manager (ITSM) for a contract-to-hire or direct hire opportunity. This position can sit in our Camas, WA, (near Portland, OR) office, our San Mateo, CA, (near San Francisco, CA) office, or our Plano, TX, (near Dallas, TX) office.
Reporting to the Team Lead of IT Service Management & Delivery, the role of the IT Change Manager is to liaise between the IT Infrastructure department and other IT and business units to effectively manage and IT Change delivery. The IT Change Manager has deep knowledge pertaining to Enterprise wide IT Change Management principles and best practices, aligned to the ITIL framework. They are the owner of the Change Management service.
This role will be responsible for orchestrating all IT Change Management activities, tools, and ensuring that the formal process is followed consistently. This includes reviewing incoming change requests, scheduling changes and owning the change calendar, chairing the weekly change review board meetings, resolving conflicts, post change follow up, and ensuring that other standard operating procedures are followed. The IT Change Manager will also work with the Team Leader to suggest improvements to mature the Change Management process and provide additional value to the business. This may include linking the Change Management process to the CMDB for better impact analysis and notifications.
The Change Manager will be serving as a Senior Analyst and this role is critical in ensuring IT changes are managed and planned thoughtfully, with the least possible disruption to the business, while supporting the firm in the evolving technology landscape at an enterprise level.
- Manages the day-to-day service management and delivery of IT Change Management to all stakeholders, including the toolset(s) used through the Change Management process (e.g. ServiceNow, Jira, etc.).
- Documents and maintains the Change Management policy, processes and standards.
- Analyzes complex services, covering a diverse range of technologies and 3rd party suppliers, to ensure that proposed requests for changes (RFCs) are safe and fit for purpose and include documentation of change impacts, back-out plans, test plans, and resource requirements.
- Ensures break/fix changes are documented and implemented.
- Coordinates and chairs the Change Review Board meetings to discuss higher risk changes.
- Has authority to accept or reject changes and works to gain consensus when possible.
- Ensures that change policies and procedures are well defined, documented, reviewed, and applied across all stakeholder groups.
- Prepares Change Summary Sheet that summarizes all RFCs (request for changes) that is used during the change review board meetings.
- Convenes an Emergency Change Review meeting or facilitates the processing of Emergency Changes, including post change follow up activities and documentation.
- Acts as the main point of contact for change requestors or change initiators to liaise during the entire Change Management process.
- Designs and implements standard change procedures for the distribution and installation of patches and other routine tasks.
- Take the lead in ensuring that the IT teams meets the service metrics, including performance measures and quality of the service delivered.
- Manages the identification, definition and formalization of service requirements and measurements via SLAs, OLAs and other relevant metrics, including reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate proactively and closely with IT teams to convey the service vision, continuously monitor, refine, verify that the service fulfills that vision (as measured by customer value and business outcomes) and help the team to ensure service is continuously improved and matured.
- Manage and maintain a full service life cycle perspective, and work to balance short-term achievements with long-term goals (such as minimizing technical debt while maximizing resiliency).
- Typically has at least 10+ years of IT work experience and with 5+ years’ experience in IT Change Management and Delivery function in an environment similar in size and complexity.
- Experience with Change Management tools such as ServiceNow (SNOW) as well as general Infrastructure and Operations technologies used to support an Enterprise organization.
- Demonstrable and recent experience in owning and running a fully operational IT Change Management practice or function at an organization.
- Coaches, mentors and motivate more junior service delivery staff to increase service and staff performance, end-user satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
- Proactively and actively engages with all other stakeholders and team involved in the services to ensure maximum adherence to agreed service metrics, while aiming for improvement of service and staff performance, end-user satisfaction and collaboration among IT teams.
- Collaborate closely with IT teams, enable and share a common, customer-centric culture with the teams and apply common methods to drive excellence in the role or function.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other related field preferred.
- ITIL Foundation Certification v3 or v4 – minimum or demonstrable expertise in IT Change Management that aligns to the ITIL framework required.
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER