Fisher Investments is growing and we are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team to drive future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. You will play a foundational role in supporting our firm’s diverse departments by building relationships with stakeholders, while consulting and managing a full range of controls with the Technology teams at an enterprise level.
Fisher Investments is seeking a Cloud Engineer to manage and enhance the firm’s cloud environment in a secure, efficient and scalable manner. As a Cloud Engineer, you will consult and provide input on business process improvements and provide guidance and oversight of IT policies, procedures, tools, security controls and infrastructure. You will also conduct research and Proof of Concept activities and have the opportunity to provide recommendations for emerging technologies, techniques and tools that will add value increasing efficiency while continuously improving service quality.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
- Design, implement, and manage scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure as well as automation tooling for routine operation tasks
- Participate in team activities such as peer code reviews, design collaboration efforts and rotating on-call process
- Leverage Automation, Configuration Management and Deployment tools to deliver cloud based
- Partner with Solution Architects and business partners to confirm developed solutions align with existing standards, meet security controls and meet cloud computing best practices
- Develop tooling and associated processes to drive automation, efficiency, consistency and adherence to security and audit requirements and controls
- Manage implementation and the ongoing operation of cloud services as per approved designs, adherence to patterns, security requirements and certify all logging and monitoring are active for security and compliance
- Investigate and monitor current-state cloud usage, solutions in use, risks, gaps, limitations and recommend solutions, optimizations and remediation
- Ensure comprehensive and systematic configuration, lifecycle and security management of servers, Cloud services and toolsets are deployed with best practices, standards and with thorough documentation
- Confirm that required operational, performance, capacity, security, and other required metrics, reports and dashboards are created and reviewed
- Investigate and implement process improvements, to enhance the reliability, stability and security of services and toolsets deployed in Azure
- 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure cross platform technology areas, preferably with implementing and maintaining expertise
- 5+ years of experience in building, deploying and managing Azure IaaS and PaaS Cloud services including: best practices, blueprints, patterns, high availability and multi-region disaster recovery
- Hands-on operating experience with Azure native services and technologies (e.g. Azure AD, DNS, Virtual Machines, VM extensions, VNETs, VPN gateway, Traffic Manager, Load balancer, Identity/RBAC, Key vault, Blob storage, Monitoring etc.)
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining an automated cloud infrastructure across Prod and Non-Prod environments
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and solving issues involving cloud services and toolsets in Azure
- Python and/or other tools for automation of builds, workflows, tasks and other integration aspects
- Microsoft Windows server administration
- Configuration management, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) toolsets including: Terraform, Puppet and Chef
- RM, PowerShell and Azure CLI toolsets
- Hands-on experience with deploying cloud technologies on Azure PaaS (e.g. containers, Docker, Kubernetes, MicroServices and ServerLess solutions)
- Experience in Agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines and using Azure DevOps or tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with operating and maintaining cloud solutions to address industry regulations including: PCI, SOX, HIPAA and GDPR
- Azure DevOps Engineer Certification
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER