It’s an exciting time to join Fisher Investments as we are investing heavily in the future of our firm’s technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that drives global growth through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. If you are looking to play a foundational role in supporting diverse businesses and take end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve problems, then the IT Infrastructure Engineering Team Leader may be the right fit for you!
As the IT Infrastructure Engineering Manager (Engineering Team Lead) you will be working hands on with your team focusing on IT infrastructure project delivery, technical strategy, and escalations for cloud solutions and network technologies. You will provide implementation oversight of solutions that overcome both technology and business challenges. This role provides the opportunity to drive a culture of collaboration and partnership with teams inside and outside of technology.
The ability to work a flexible off-hours schedule for planned and unplanned maintenance is required. Team coverage includes rotating on-call duties and responding within 15 minutes for providing high service supporting 24/7/365 as needed.
- Oversee the Public Cloud Infrastructure Solutions team and Infrastructure Network Engineering team and hold project team members accountable for the delivery of successful solutions
- Facilitate design and plan large-scale projects on all infrastructure technologies
- Ensure that solutions meet policy, regulatory, architectural, and security standards
- Collaborate with operations to gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing infrastructure systems and develop/implement strategies for improving
- Integrate the design and deployment of infrastructure including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security and the associated services across on premise and cloud backend
- Work with IT leaders and Project Managers to assist with resource planning, vendor assessment, and other tasks to provide technical thought leadership
- Provide technical escalation points for production support during normal business and off-hours
- Lead translation and mapping of business requirements to define objectives for IT infrastructure needs as well as design to develop and implement quality, cost-effective solutions
- Lead innovation efforts and feasibility of the new/emerging technologies and solutions along with the preparation of thorough business case justifications and value proposition demonstrations
- 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure & Operations
- 4+ years of experience managing infrastructure teams
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with operations and solution design of multiple infrastructure technologies including systems, network, storage, compute, and digital workspace
- Experience operating and/or engineering virtual private or public cloud compute services such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with SD-WAN and SD-DC systems such Cisco Viptela and VMware NSX
- Experience with network micro-segmentation and multi-tenancy, cloud security, and PKI
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server technology stack including Active Directory, MS SQL, and Windows
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security
- Candidate will be familiar with project management methodology
- Ability to manage risk and instill trust in others
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a 2017 and 2018 Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER