Are you looking to join a global technology department for an industry leading financial advisory firm? Fisher Investments is looking for motivated technologists to support our growing business. If you are seeking the opportunity to make an impact as we develop scalable and strategic solutions to support our global growth, we want to hear from you!
As the Enterprise Architect, you will plan portions of the enterprise architecture environment as well as act as the steward for architectural principles and standards. You will oversee solution, technical, and business architects to evaluate current technology solutions while planning, designing, and coordinating multi-year roadmaps for all applications and support activities. In addition, you will survey the technology landscape to identify solutions and systems to be implemented at Fisher Investments. You will help align Fisher’s enterprise priorities to architecture design, and guide the evolution of the current architecture environment to support future capabilities, capacity and scalability.
- Define the architecture and select the platforms (both cloud and on-premise), products, and vendors to be utilized for programs across the enterprise
- Lead the creation and application of cloud-focused principles and standards to ensure a scalable, flexible, resilient, and secure environment for Fisher
- Assist technology and business groups as they build capabilities around advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Ensure the architecture of applications and systems (e.g., Cloudera, Salesforce) are consistent with enterprise needs and to ascertain how application solutions should be leveraged to meet those enterprise needs
- Oversee cross-functional Business and Technology teams to evaluate current technology solutions and plan, design and coordinate multi-year roadmaps for all applications and support activities
- Survey the technology landscape to identify systems and solutions that align with firm strategy while collaborating with the Chief Enterprise Architect and executive leadership to recommend, implement and maintain appropriate technology solutions
- Act as the subject matter expert to Technology Business Services, Infrastructure and Operations, 3rd party vendors, and implementation partners
- Facilitate optimization of current state architecture, leveraging cloud-based technologies where appropriate
- Implement enterprise vision and goals that result in achievement and success through leadership skills, collaboration, creative thinking, while maintaining the confidence of key stakeholders
- 10+ years combination of solution, technical, and business architecture experience with 7+ years’ experience leading solution and/or technical architecture teams at a financial services firm
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related technical field
- Advanced knowledge and experience with application architectures, middleware architectures, and technology architectures (both cloud and on-premise)
- Understanding of market / industry trends and architecture frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to use architecture and automation to drive agility, and how to shift architecture and development practices to integrate legacy systems with modern architectures
- Experience implementing multiple complex enterprise level changes simultaneously, including how to drive and measure adoption of standards/best practices
- Prior experience architecting full-stack solutions and building development capabilities on the Azure Cloud Platform
- Experience integrating on-premise systems with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS platforms
- Experience with Cloudera Data Platform, or its recent predecessors
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER