Are you looking to join a global technology department for an industry leading financial advisory firm? Fisher Investments is looking for motivated technologists to support our growing business. If you are seeking the opportunity to make an impact as we develop scalable and strategic solutions to support our global growth, we want to hear from you!
As a Service Desk A/V Associate, you will provide audio and visual (A/V) coordination and support across all locations at Fisher Investments. You may also be tasked with Service Desk support activities including: Tier 1 troubleshooting, training personnel and any and all administrative and operational duties that align with the IT Service Desk’s day-to-day goals and objectives.
- Assist with the delivery, installation, operation and retrieval of audio/visual equipment for daily meetings and firm events in accordance with the daily conference room schedule and just-in-time requests
- Engage with employees at all levels within the organization and provide individual instruction in equipment setup and operation when needed (e.g. ensure presenters place their microphones properly, conduct sound checks and provide stage direction – where they should stand, look at the camera, use of a clicker for slides, etc.)
- Take ownership and responsibility for the regular maintenance, testing and operations of audio/visual systems which includes: in-house audio, microphones, projectors, screens and TVs
- Launch video, audio and web conferences; provide backup support on these technologies as needed for internal IT staff; be proficient enough to answer customers frequently asked questions
- Collaborate with internal Facilities staff to coordinate room setup, adjust lighting and deliver on any specific event requests that impact the AV experience
- Partner with contracted AV support vendor and IT engineers to implement new technologies, equipment and services
- Assist with identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving A/V equipment and connectivity issues
- Consult with customers to determine AV requirements and monitor meetings as required
- Plan events with attention to logistical, financial and time constraints
- Complete final checks the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards
- Evaluate event’s success and suggest system or procedural improvements to provide a better customer experience
- Demonstrated experience setting up, interconnecting and operating audio/visual equipment, including LCD projectors and screens, microphones, TVs, iPads, etc.
- Familiarity with Crestron switches and wall panels
- Exposure to various web conferencing solutions such as WebEx, Bluejeans, Zoom, MS Teams
- Understanding of how to interconnect media devices (e.g. HDMI cables, VGA, CAT5, selection of inputs)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with direct-connected devices (e.g. determine bad cabling, bad or incorrect port used)
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management or as an event coordinator with a proven track record of organizing successful events
- Ability to lift, transport and assemble audio/visual equipment
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a 2017 and 2018 Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER