Fisher Investments is seeking accomplished technology leaders to support our growing business. If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact as we develop scalable and strategic solutions to support our global growth, we want to hear from you!
As the Head of Technology – Application Engineering, you will serve as the department’s expert on DevOps, CI/CD (continuous integration & continuous deployment), QA testing automation, technology health and monitoring, API & micro services enablement and modernizing our software development tool sets. You will change the way we build and maintain applications by increasing adoption of a DevOps and Agile culture. Your expertise will help us automate CI/CD pipelines and build real-time application health and monitoring dashboards. You will modernize our tool sets and lead a team of employees, contractors, consultants and vendors as needed. Your expertise in these areas is critical to the technology transformation initiative occurring at Fisher Investments, and our goal to better align technology to the business needs of the firm.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Own all aspects of shared technology frameworks and tools used by Fisher technology
- Develop technology strategy and roadmaps for capabilities in conjunction with enterprise groups, vendors and other internal technology partners
- Deliver prioritized projects and programs as mutually-agreed upon (time, budget, scope)
- Keep abreast of technology trends and industry solutions that impact the partner businesses and Fisher technology at large
- Actively partner with and manage vendors who provide technology services and solutions
- Measure, communicate and deliver on application stability, monitoring and production support
- Develop ecosystem scorecards, SLA’s and KPI’s in conjunction with the enterprise and other technology partners to evaluate success and determine areas for improvement and areas of opportunity
- Contribute to technology risk evaluation including the management of obsolescence and technology debt
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as external legal requirements
- Develop and manage budgets/resources as requested
- Work with peers and management on the development of mission, standards, services, goals and objectives
- Recruit, coach and build high-performing teams
- 7+ years’ experience managing and building effective, high-performing IT teams
- Demonstrated experience building, supporting, and automating CI/CD pipelines with on-prem, cloud and hybrid infrastructures in an Agile and DevOps context
- Experience building an enterprise framework for tracking all systems (i.e. application health and monitoring dashboard)
- Experience leading technology transformation initiatives
- Ability to transform technology teams into an Agile methodology and mindset
- Experience leading QA resources and moving them towards automated testing
- Recent focus on the Microsoft stack of technologies, including the Microsoft stack of DevOps/CI/CD tools
- Recent Cloud experience, preferably Azure or AWS
- Demonstrated ability to influence the application development and test organization to adopt DevOps automation
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
- California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER