Are you looking to use your leadership experience to improve the technology landscape and make a difference at a growing financial services firm? If so, we want to hear from you!
As the Application Development Technical Lead, you will partner with the Fisher Investments 401k Solutions Group (4S), the IT infrastructure team, and the information security team to design and improve internally-developed and third-party software. You will report to a Vice President and provide technical leadership over the portfolio of systems supporting the 4S group, making decisions regarding the technical direction, design, and evolution of these systems. You will manage the technical aspects of projects, including participating in architectural decisions, project planning, and oversight of project execution. Your experience in the financial service industry will be crucial when partnering with our business leaders to meet their goals.
- Manage development of software from launch through user acceptance for medium- to large-scale projects
- Design steps and modules, determine timelines, and resolve issues
- Assign work and provide oversight to others including contractors and developers
- Provide leadership, making decisions regarding technical direction and participating in architectural decisions
- Present options and work with senior management to set expectations
- Be a liaison to multiple groups: QA, Infrastructure, Release Management, Information Security and the Service Desk
- Use advanced design skills to create technical specifications, logic flow charts and process diagrams
- Research external software solutions, guide pre-sales cycle with vendors, and contribute to the final selection and management of applications and consultants
- Mentor junior developers and participate in the hiring process
- Propose modifications to software development standards and methodology while ensuring that they are followed
- Support production software operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 7+ years of experience serving as a team lead or technical lead in software application development or implementation projects
- Experience with enterprise application development, architecture, implementation, and an understanding of SDLC
- Recent experience working in the asset/wealth management industry, preferably within 401k/retirement services, is required
- Hands-on leadership experience including recent experience with infrastructure, setups, configurations, scripting and development
- Experience with the Microsoft stack of technologies including O365, Exchange, and SharePoint
- Experience with cloud-hosted solutions and common SAAS solutions such as Salesforce, Workday, DocuSign, and Domo
- Experience working with third-party software vendors including managing the vendor relationship, evaluating and selecting vendor software, and integrating software into a wider corporate environment
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER