Are you looking to join a global technology department for an industry leading financial advisory firm? Fisher Investments is looking for a talented Senior Database Administrator to join our team. If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact using your database expertise, we want to hear from you!
You will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. You will manage day-to-day database administration activities such as monitoring, configuring SQL clusters, backups, restores, performance tuning, and problem resolution.
- Provide off-hours production support including weekends
- Administer and monitor existing enterprise databases and the and perform the analysis, design, and creation of new databases
- Be responsible for security administration, adding and removing users, auditing, and checking for security breaches
- Execute High Availability/Disaster Recovery strategy and monitor SQL backup plans
- Partner with Systems Administration to monitor the hardware server performance for new and existing database servers
- Analyze the data stored in the database and make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of queries against the data
- Assist developers with fine-tuning their queries and proactively monitor production databases for potential performance issues
- 7+ years of installation, configuration and database administration experience on SQL servers, including AG (availability group), mirroring and enterprise clusters, including encryption and HA (high availability) in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years of developing and troubleshooting complex SQL and T-SQL including stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- 3+ years of development experience with SSIS, SSRS, Informatica or other ETL tools
- 2+ years of PowerShell scripting experience
- 2+ years of experience working in Agile environments
- SQL Server database administration experience versions SQL Server 2014 and above on Windows Server 2012 and above
- Strong understanding of DataOps principles like data modeling, relational DB design, data warehousing, etc.
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
- California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER