Are you an Operations Engineer looking to showcase your Cisco UCS and VMware expertise? Our Infrastructure Operations Team needs people like you to take the reins in redesigning our Cisco UCS and VMware environment. Fisher Investments is growing globally and you will help develop scalable solutions to support our global growth.
Fisher Investments is looking for an Infrastructure Operations Engineer to join our technology team. We believe in providing our employees with the tools, support, and training they need to succeed within our company and in their professional career. We have invested a lot of resources and time into our IT department, and we are dedicated to securing the most advanced technologies available.
- Design, configure, and install Cisco B-Series and C-Servers servers
- Backup and restore system configuration for UCS
- Lead capacity planning and measuring success and implement automation for Cisco UCS
- Administer and configure UCS boot templates, service profiles, firmware upgrades
- Troubleshoot and debug systems
- Configure and implement VMware vSphere 6.x environments
- Deploy Hosts, VMs, and create guest OS templates
- Oversee environments including planning upgrades, staying on top of EOL dates and documenting inter-dependencies
- Use design skills to determine Technical Design Specifications for complex and high impact projects
- Create all necessary documentation including system standards, run-books, and more
- Research software solutions to meet our needs and create efficiencies
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- 5+ years’ experience supporting an enterprise class infrastructure with design expertise
- Experience providing support in an enterprise running VMware vSphere 6.x
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Server 2016 / Windows Server 2019
- Experience deploying and managing virtual appliances
- Strong understanding of networking concepts in a virtual environment (vSwitches, Port Groups, VLANs, VMkernel)
- Understanding of storage concepts (VMFS, data stores, LUNs, Snapshots, Fibre Channel, Zoning etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced level experience using PowerShell and task automation
- Experience educating all levels of management and end-users with varying levels of technical expertise
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you!
Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
- California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER