Are you looking to join a global technology department for an industry-leading financial advisory firm? It's an exciting time to be in our Technology department; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that inspires future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We help support our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our team.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to support our technology transformation initiative and ongoing projects. If you are looking for the opportunity to make a difference as we develop scalable and strategic solutions to support our global growth, we want to hear from you!
As a Scrum Master, you will manage the growth and well-being of our technology teams by promoting an agile mindset that follows agile principles, engaging both with the team and external groups to remove impediments toward progress, and establish a working environment where the team can be efficient. You will report to the Application Development Team Leader for our Portfolio Engineering and Trading group.
- Guide your 2-3 scrum teams using an Agile mindset while maintaining our culture and spirit
- Organize Scrum meetings, such as the Daily Scrum meeting, Sprint Planning, and the Sprint Retrospective
- Assist team members in removing impediments to workflow or connect them with the right people to solve the problem
- Mentor team members and project partners in Agile frameworks and methods to reach the fullest potential for delivering high-quality solutions
- Manage User Acceptance Testing to ensure partners have the solutions they need before deployment
- Help shape standards for documentation practices for user stories, user requirements, functional specifications, testing plans, and defect tracking
- Establish and measure program feature success metrics to improve features to promote usage and customer value
- Coach the Scrum Team in Product Backlog management to create an understanding of what is to be delivered, why it needs to be delivered, and what success is
- Build partnerships with business and engineering partners across multiple internal organizations
- Participate in Scrum Master group meetings to improve the direction and quality of our Scrum Masters and Scrum teams
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Master or proof of qualifications as a Scrum Master
- BS in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- Servant Leadership practitioner and Agile mentoring experience
- Advocate Agile, Scrum, and other collaborative working practices with expert knowledge
- Competent Scrum project management using JIRA, Confluence, TFS, VersionOne, or ServiceNow
- Experience working with a transitioning technology group moving from traditional project management (i.e. waterfall) methodologies to Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Identify dysfunctions and resolve conflict within multiple diverse teams
Why Fisher Investments?
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you!
Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER