It's an exciting time to be in our Technology department; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that inspires future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We help support our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our team.
Our Technology Department is now looking for an IT Infrastructure Solutions Architect to help align technical solutions to Fisher's enterprise priorities and architecture design. You will guide the evolution of the current technology environment to support future capabilities and requirements. You will report to the Infrastructure Solutions Architecture Team Leader.
As a Solutions Architect, you will survey the technology landscape to identify solutions and systems to be implemented at Fisher. Solutions Architects use collaboration to work with business and technology partners to ensure application, infrastructure, and security projects are successful and align with future strategic positions. If this sounds exciting, talk to your TL and apply! We're looking forward to hearing from you.
- Ensure the architecture of technology systems are consistent with our needs and understand how solutions are used to meet both business and enterprise needs
- Partner with Team Leads to implement appropriate technology solutions using knowledge of technology trends
- Promote solution/technical architecture review sessions and mitigate risks communicated during sessions
- Be an expert for infrastructure-related solutions designated to Technology Business Services, Infrastructure, Information Security, vendors, and implementation partners
- Survey technology landscape and identifying technology solutions to implement into Fisher's landscape while staying aligned with Fisher's overall strategic vision
- Promote optimization of current state architecture with digital solutions, automation
- Use knowledge of multiple technologies, vendors, and Fisher departments to address problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platform integration
- Work and consult with appropriate business analysts, project managers, engineers and developers to understand application/project requirements and determine architectural solutions to meet them
- Work with the delivery teams in the development of services, components, standards, and frameworks required to support our strategy (e.g. design patterns, reusable components)
- Ensure solutions meet Fisher security and regulatory requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a technical leader and have knowledge of modern digital platforms
- Experience in cross-platform technology areas showing design expertise
- Understanding of architectural tradeoffs and communicate architectural decisions to all partners
- Experience with distributed systems, cloud, and micro service architectures. Understanding of data distribution strategies
- Experience in high security regulated environments
- You are engaging and can present to managers and other technology and partners
- Passion for building scalable, secure, and reliable solutions; Can motivate and inspire the team
- Engineering experience with demonstrated technical depth and scope
- U.S. candidates must be fully vaccinated as defined by the medical community against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination by date of hire
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER