It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We are important to supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our Technology team.
We are looking for a Software Solution Architect (Cloud) to plan the cloud architecture and solution design of enterprise data warehouses/data marts and analytics as part of a collection of systems in a large technology ecosystem. You will report to the Application Development Team Leader.
As a Software Solution Architect (Cloud), you will perform administration of our Azure data and analytics platform to ensure smooth system operations and be the guide for architectural principles and standards. As a technical expert for our data and analytics ecosystem. You will support Fisher Investments business line reporting teams, Technology Business Services Data Services teams, 3rd party vendors, and implementation partners. This hands-on role will provide direction to other developers of data warehouse workloads.
You will help align department-wide solutions to Fisher's enterprise priorities and survey the technology landscape and guide the evolution of current environment to support future capabilities and requirements. You will be a part of the team that plans the technology to ensure capacity and scalability as demand and usage evolves.
- Work with partners to analyze how the data warehouse and analytics architecture will meet our goals
- Evaluate all proposed requests to determine fit with data warehouse and analytics architecture
- Oversee data warehouse and analytics technical platform on Azure, from implementation to enhancements and ongoing operations
- Develop and coordinate cloud data solution architecture across diverse groups and areas including enterprise architecture, application development, identity and access management, network and data management
- Provide technical direction to database, application and business intelligence (BI) developers
- Develop cloud security and access control solution/policy, data and BI standards, guidelines and best practice for business groups and technical teams
- Manage Azure data pipelines, job schedules and systems to ensure performance and uptime
- Ensure metadata (data catalog) are tracked for all data objects in the platform
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for data warehouse and BI platform on Azure and resolve issues
- Review system application logs and identify potential issues and improvements
- Perform capacity planning, cloud cost analysis and optimization and provide recommendations to management.
- Provide after-hour system and application support
- Develop multiple work plans for projects and prepare appropriate status reports and submit them to management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a solution architect focusing on data and cloud services or cloud developer with direct experience with data warehouse and BI design, implementation, and operation
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or a combination of technical skills, cloud, operating system, networking, security, data modeling and BI background
- Experience with cloud data warehouse and analytics technologies, specifically Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, ADLS and SQL Server (SSIS and SSAS)
- Knowledge or experience with infrastructure (operating system and networking) and cloud administration
- Experience with investment management systems and processes
- Azure certifications (data related)
- Experience with Agile methodologies in a cloud, database, data warehousing and BI space
- U.S. candidates must be fully vaccinated as defined by the medical community against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination by date of hire
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER