Fisher Investments is looking for motivated technologists to support our growing business. Your experience will help guide our Corporate Systems team as they implement essential projects. If you are looking for the opportunity to make a difference as we develop scalable solutions to support our global growth, we want to hear from you!
As a Solution Architect on our Corporate Systems team, you will plan the architecture and solution design of a collection of systems in a large technology ecosystem. You will guide development teams on how to apply architectural principles and standards to both custom and off-the-shelf software. As a technical expert for our ecosystem you will support a variety of teams. You will help align department-wide solutions to Fisher's enterprise priorities. You will survey the technology landscape and guide the evolution of the current environment to support future capabilities and requirements. You will report to an Application Development Team Leader.
- Design and support development of technical solutions for the business
- Understand requirements and software development process, and translate requirements into technical specifications
- Work with the development team – the tools, frameworks, APIs, and different components of an application architecture
- Analyze problems, and suggest the appropriate tools, required skills, and architecture for a technology solution
- Create a technical vision for the development team, create prototypes, identify limitations of designs
- Create architectural design documents, best practices, and system integration documents
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop and adapt processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, and quality of development
- Mentor, coach, and train the development team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of previous software architecture experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft .NET technologies, including development experience with C#, SQL Server, and web development
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies and experience managing projects in both
- Strong software development life-cycle (from conception to completion) & architectural skills
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, or internationally may be required
- U.S. candidates must be fully vaccinated as defined by the medical community against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination by date of hire
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER