Fisher Investments is growing and we are looking for a DevOps and Tools Engineer to join our team and guide future global scale through strategic solutions and new ideas. As a DevOps and Tools Engineer, you will have a foundational role in establishing and maturing our software development strategy to support our firm's global growth.
As a DevOps and Tools Engineer, you will build and maintain CI/CD pipelines and frameworks to build and test code more effectively. You will also identify, plan and document current systems-related work and improvements along with future-state planning through Agile methodologies and DevOps best practices. This role directly reports to the DevOps and Tools Team Leader, on the Application Engineering team.
The Application Engineering team provides the backbone systems that allow many information technology groups to perform their jobs and gain insight into their own processes. Balancing the short-term needs of development teams and projects with the long-term needs of our enterprise will make you a successful DevOps and Tools Engineer.
- Work with DevOps and Tools Manager in defining strategies, roadmaps and accomplish the agreed upon priorities
- Design, configure and support DevOps tools, on-prem and on cloud, to improve efficiency and improve operational stability
- Develop tooling and processes to increase automation and adherence to security and audit controls
- Design CI and CD pipelines and frameworks
- Foster the adoption of DevOps tools and capabilities across Technology groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology
- 10+ years of experience in the information technology field, including experience implementing and maintaining systems
- 5+ years of experience with different DevOps tools including JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Actions/Jenkins/Bamboo/Capado, Artifactory, Ansible, Maven, Gradle, Selenium, AppDynamics, and Splunk
- Experience in Agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps culture principles and practices
- Experience with dockerfile and image creation, running containers on Kubernetes or using Docker run time environment
- Technology design expertise which includes Containerization, Performance, Security, Availability, as well as, Operations, Monitoring and Support
- Experience in relational database management skills like MSSQL, MySQL, SQL, Postgres or MongoDB
- Experience in any of the scripting languages such as Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Groovy, Perl or PowerShell
- Experience using DevOps within private cloud and public cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, Google or Amazon AWS cloud services
- Ability to train IT product delivery teams on proper use of DevOps tools and capabilities
- U.S. candidates must be fully vaccinated as defined by the medical community against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination by date of hire
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER