Vice President of Marketing & Communications Technology
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments as we are investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that inspires global growth through strategic solutions and new ideas. We are currently looking for a Vice President of Applications Development for Marketing & Communications.
You will be a senior technology management role that leads a team (or teams) in the support of Marketing & Corporate Communication business lines. Foundational to the position is serving as the primary trusted technology partner for business leadership in a "general contractor" model. As such, we ask that you have excellent partnership skills, the need to co-create vision and strategy that enable the business, and the ability to instill confidence in others. It includes responsibility for the production support, project delivery, and strategy for technology capabilities used by the business including in-house and vendor systems regardless of the hosting strategy. It also includes partnering with the business on technology platforms and capabilities for which they serve as the primary owners.
Although team sizes will vary, the holder of this position will manage others and provide team leadership, develop and recruit personnel, and be responsible for normal HR functions (hiring, firing, discipline, salaries, bonuses, and reviews). You will report to the Group Vice President (GVP) of Technology Business Services (Applications Development).
- Oversee all aspects of IT-run technology solutions used by Marketing & Corporate Communications. Earn a seat at the table as their central contact (general contractor) and primary trusted technology partner
- Develop technology strategy and roadmaps for capabilities together with the business, vendors and other internal technology partners
- Deliver prioritized projects and programs as mutually-agreed upon (time, budget, scope)
- Keep abreast of technology trends and industry solutions that improve the partner business and Fisher technology at large
- Actively partner with and manage vendors who provide technology services and solutions
- Measure, communicate and achieve application stability, monitoring and production support
- Develop ecosystem scorecards, SLA's and KPI's together with the business and other technology partners to evaluate the success and determine areas for improvement and areas of opportunity
- Contribute to technology risk evaluation including the management of obsolescence and technology debt
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and external legal requirements
- Develop and manage budgets/resources
- Work with peers and management on the development of mission, standards, services and objectives
- Recruit, coach and build effective teams
- 7+ years of industry experience with a focus on marketing and corporate communications applications and infrastructure
- Broad technology experience including the full software development lifecycle and various areas of technology architecture (infrastructure, application architecture, data architecture, integration)
- Demonstrated evidence of constructive interpersonal interactions with both individual contributors and senior executives inside and outside of technology
- Exceptional judgment with strong management and conceptual skills while being able to cope effectively with stress and change
- Experience leading technology transformation initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
Why Fisher Investments:
We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. We take great pride in our inclusive culture, our learning and development framework customized for every employee, and our Great Place to Work Certification. It's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible, and we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 10 paid holidays (*17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time for California employees)
- Family Support programs including 8 weeks Paid Primary Caregiver leave, adoption assistance and back-up child care
- Opportunity to participate in our hybrid work from home program. This program is subject to change. Based on tenure and performance eligibility, you will have the opportunity to work from home up to 50 days per year
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stay connected by signing up to receive Fisher business updates and career information.Join Our Talent Community
for Job Alerts
Let us know what positions you’re interested in, and we’ll send you job notifications.